Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is Orbi smarter than my teen?

sarahjbc
Follower

Is Orbi smarter than my teen?

So, I need to find a router/AP that is smarter than my teen. In the past, I had set up my WNDR4000 in AP mode (with ATT u-verse fiber) with a schedule to turn the wifi off from midnight until 6am. Well,  smartypants figured out that all that was needed was a power cycle. The WNDR4000 would come back up and not check the schedule.   So, I'm looking at the Orbi... is Orbi smarter than my teen? If he power cycles it, will it recheck the wifi schedule? 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is Orbi smarter than my teen?

Orbi uses access controls and Circle for managing devices. Any settings configured on the Orbi will persist after any reboot. However if the router is factory reset, this will clear out any configurations. So be sure to keep the router behind a locked door if needed. 

Most newer generation router configurations persist after a reboot. 

@sarahjbc wrote:

So, I need to find a router/AP that is smarter than my teen. In the past, I had set up my WNDR4000 in AP mode (with ATT u-verse fiber) with a schedule to turn the wifi off from midnight until 6am. Well,  smartypants figured out that all that was needed was a power cycle. The WNDR4000 would come back up and not check the schedule.   So, I'm looking at the Orbi... is Orbi smarter than my teen? If he power cycles it, will it recheck the wifi schedule? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7