Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is RBS 40 satellite compatible with RBK53-100ES ?

JaapB
Aspirant

Is RBS 40 satellite compatible with RBK53-100ES ?

I tried to link my extra bought RBS40 satellite (my third satellite) to my existing Orbi RBK53-100PES home wifi system. But I believe this is not compatible. 

What can I do to link and add this single RBS40 to my actual 3 devices (1 router and 2 sats) RBK50-100PES system ?

Thanks !  

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is RBS 40 satellite compatible with RBK53-100ES ?

Is the RBS40 up to date on FW?

@Christian_R

Message 2 of 8
BBB73
Apprentice

Hi, my experience is different. I added a RBS40 on V2.1.4.16 to a RBR50/RBS50 set (V2.2.0.66 beta) without any issues. Maybe I am just lucky?

Message 3 of 8
JaapB
Aspirant

Thanks for your help ! Regards, Jaap
Message 4 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi JaapB,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You can connect the RBS40 to the RBR50 just by pushing the sync button on both the Orbi router and the satellite. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi JaapB,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 8
JaapB
Aspirant

Yes, thanks very much, but I need some more help. How can I fully reset the username and password as I forgot how I changed admin and password. I did not wtite down my new settings, stupid stupid .... Can I use for this an erhernet cable between the device and my Mac which has Safari browser. What then to do ? Thanks ! Regards, Jaap
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to factory reset the Orbi router and satellites and set up from scratch. Walk thru the set up wizard with a connected PC and this time write down important information for safe keeping and future needs.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7