Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it not unbelievable?

DavidBroadway
Aspirant

Is it not unbelievable?

Why on earth does it not say ANYWHERE that this product will not work if your broadband is delivered to your house by DSL?

The wasted time and distress in trying to get this product to work and failing has meant that I will never buy anything from Netgear ever again

....nor will I recommend this companies products to any of my friends or colleagues

If I carried out my work as a doctor without adequate expalnations in the way that Netgear has, I'd be fired!

No doubt this message will be ignored and nothing will change with respect to their product descriptions, but if this can help someone else avoid wasting precious time, then at least some good will have come out of it!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is it not unbelievable?

Probaby due to the fact that Orbi does work with DSL. There is a modem that is needed that the Orbi needs to connect to. 

Your ISP should be able to help you out on how to get the DSL modem to work with RBR. 

There is also the User Manual and Installation Guides to help as well. 

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Like @FURRYe38 says, this does work with dsl.

2 easy ways are you can put your dsl modem/router in modem only/ passthrough mode or you can put your Orbi in access point mode. 

I've done it for my parents on more than 1 occassion.

I'm sure as a MD you've consulted with specialties before when you ran into something you were unfamiliar with. This is the same. That's why netgear has 90 days of free support from date of purchase on new devices. 

And its also why there's the support forum. For help. 

We're here to help you get it running if you so choose. 

if its left a sour taste in your mouth and you're done, then I wish you luck on your next device/endeavor. 

Message 3 of 6
DavidBroadway
Aspirant

The point is that it is not made clear that a separate modem is required!

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

"What Do I Need for Orbi to Work?
• High-speed Internet connection
• Connect to existing modem or gateway" <Would be all inclusive of cable or DSL or ONT or otherwise. 

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBK50.pdf

Starting at Pg 24 has all kinds of information about connecting Orbi to ISP services:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf

Sometimes you need some direction is all. 

Good Luck though. 

Message 5 of 6
Mooose
Luminary

This sounds sort of like being upset that you’ve bought a camper trailer only to find out it did not include a car.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7