Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is it possible to Daisy Chain my RBR20 satellite with newer model satellites?

Rage91
Aspirant

Is it possible to Daisy Chain my RBR20 satellite with newer model satellites?

Hello,

I previously purchased the Netgear RBK20-100UKS Orbi AC2200 Starter kit which contained a router and satellite.

*Model - RBR20

However, I realised afterwards that I require an additional satellite to increase coverage of my home as the layout produces deadzones which make it nearly impossible to function with only 1 satellite.

As such I was thinking of purchasing another Orbi Satellite to increase my coverage, which I read was possible via daisy-chaining.

However, my area only sells newer model satellites as stand-alone, specifically the Netgear RBS50 Orbi AC3000 Satellite Add on.

Would it be possible to actually link this newer model to my existing RBR20 Satellite via daisy-chaining to increase the coverage area?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Is it possible to Daisy Chain my RBR20 satellite with newer model satellites?

Yes, you can.  Additional satellites can be attached to your router, either in a "star" configuration where the new satellite connects directly to the router or in a "daisy chain" where the new satellite attaches to an existing satellite.  Orbi will figure out which connection "works best" by itself.  Bummer that your choices are limited to only the most expensive.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, you can.  Additional satellites can be attached to your router, either in a "star" configuration where the new satellite connects directly to the router or in a "daisy chain" where the new satellite attaches to an existing satellite.  Orbi will figure out which connection "works best" by itself.  Bummer that your choices are limited to only the most expensive.

Message 2 of 3
Rage91
Aspirant

Hi @CrimpOn 

My thanks for the swift response to the topic question. Smiley Happy

It willl be nice to be able to have a decent network connection in the house at last.

And yes it does stink a little to be limited by the choice, as my only other option would be to get another starter kit to reuse the satellite, but that is more expensive than buying the newer model satellite.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7