Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it possible to connect RBS50Y to either an RBR50 and/or RBS50 using Ethernet backhaul connection

philtully
Aspirant

Is it possible to connect RBS50Y to either an RBR50 and/or RBS50 using Ethernet backhaul connection

I currently have an RBR50 base and 2 RBS50 Satellites connected with wired ethernet backhaul connections.  I would like to add an outdoor RBS50Y in the same method. 

Is this supported?

I understand I need to keep this unit and wires protected from significant weather. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Is it possible to connect RBS50Y to either an RBR50 and/or RBS50 using Ethernet backhaul connect

@philtully wrote:

I currently have an RBR50 base and 2 RBS50 Satellites connected with wired ethernet backhaul connections.  I would like to add an outdoor RBS50Y in the same method. 

The RBS50Y has no ethernet jack.  Wired ethernet backhaul is impossible.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is it possible to connect RBS50Y to either an RBR50 and/or RBS50 using Ethernet backhaul connect

Possible. 

Might enable Daisy Chain on the RBR first. 

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@philtully wrote:

The RBS50Y has no ethernet jack.  Wired ethernet backhaul is impossible.

Message 3 of 6
philtully
Aspirant

Thanks for the info...I was still looking at solutions for my outdoor wifi access.

It looks like a weather proof case for a RBS50.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@philtully wrote:

Thanks for the info...I was still looking at solutions for my outdoor wifi access.

It looks like a weather proof case for a RBS50.

You might send a private message to @Mstrbig (by clicking on his screen name).  He has posted several times about installing satellites outdoors with enclosures.  I do not recall seeing reference to any specific products or where he got them.

Such as this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-Outdoor-POE-Extension-for-Orbi-Mesh-in-Home/m-p/19... 

As you can tell from the messages, it is often more convenient to install outdoor access points that get power over the ethernet cable (PoE).

Good Luck

Message 5 of 6
philtully
Aspirant

I plan to mount this on the outside wall of my house so I can pass through power and ethernet

Thanks for your assistance

Mstrbig  sent me this link to boxes:  Amazon.com : weatherproof router box

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7