Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is the ac3000 compatible with Spectrum internet? Will I need a separate modem?

rsweiner
Follower

Is the ac3000 compatible with Spectrum internet? Will I need a separate modem?

Is the Orbi 3000 compatible with Spectrum internet?

Will I need a separate modem?
Message 1 of 4
Obi-La
Guide

Re: Is the ac3000 compatible with Spectrum internet? Will I need a separate modem?

Only the Cable Modem types such as the CBK40 have cable coax/modem built in. I don't think Netgear makes a cable modem version of the AC3000.

You can rent a cable modem/router and configure it for Router Mode (not worth the $ IMO) or buy one that will pay for itself in a year or so depending on model.

Most routers in the market only have an ethernet input thus requiring a cable modem if you have cable internet service. The ethernet port is a universal modem output whether the service is Fiber, DSL or Cable.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@rsweiner wrote:

As @Obi-La mentioned, the Orbi 3000 requires a cable modem, and it is best to have "only a modem", (no WiFi, no router functions).

And, Yes, Orbi is compatible with Spectrum, which is my ISP.  Because I also have my "land line" telephone through Spectrum, the cable modem is provided at no charge.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

A stand alone modem will be preferred to use with any of the RBK Orbis. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/What-s-the-Difference-Between-a-Cable-Modem-an...

@rsweiner wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7