Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is there a difference between the Netgear account and the Admin account on the Orbi app?

memissjenn
Follower

Is there a difference between the Netgear account and the Admin account on the Orbi app?

I have a Netgear account and have all 3 satelites registered under that account. However, I am no longer able to access my Orbi app.  It is asking me to login with an admin password but I never created a separate account. I try to login with my Netgear account credentials and that doesn't work.  When I try to reset the password it asks me the security question 'What was your first Netgear product' and I have no idea.  Please help as I need to be able to access the Orbi app.

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Is there a difference between the Netgear account and the Admin account on the Orbi app?

The NetGear account is the account that you generate here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

The Admin account is the admin account name of the log in of your Netgear product, i.e. Orbi router, NightHawk Router or NightHawk Extender device. 

@memissjenn wrote:

I have a Netgear account and have all 3 satelites registered under that account. However, I am no longer able to access my Orbi app.  It is asking me to login with an admin password but I never created a separate account. I try to login with my Netgear account credentials and that doesn't work.  When I try to reset the password it asks me the security question 'What was your first Netgear product' and I have no idea.  Please help as I need to be able to access the Orbi app.

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Is there a difference between the Netgear account and the Admin account on the Orbi app?

Please let me add the following:

To login to the Orbi app you need to login to two different accounts:

1. Your Netgear cloud account
  2. Your Orbi admin account that you setup during the initial setup of your Orbi.

Because of this please note the following:

1. Because of the need to login to the cloud account it's not possible to use the Orbi app if you don't have internet access even if you're attached to Orbi via wifi. Not like the web GUI where it's enough to be LAN attached to Orbi.
  2. If you allow remote access in the Orbi app then once you login to your netgear cloud account a VPN connection is established between your cloud account and Orbi so you'll be able to manage Orbi even if you don't have wifi connection to Orbi and even if remote management is not allowed in the web GUI.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7