Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with 2.1.3.4 in AP mode?

jdpg2
Apprentice

Re: Issue with 2.1.3.4 in AP mode?

Edge and or Chrome... really irrelevant since i have had succes with both.

Message 26 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

See bad behaviors before with Chrome. Try this next time please, use IE11 and or FF. 

Hope it keeps working now. Glad you got it runing correclty. Hopefully won't happen again. 

Enjoy. 

Message 27 of 31
bhenry
Tutor

To the guy using his Orbi with Comcast and in just AP mode.  I am able to use my Orbi setup in just AP mode and all my wireless devices are getting an IP from the Xfinity XB6, gigabit.

I have the Xfinity to a 8 port switch, then port to the Orbi as AP only. Port 2 goes to a wired device in office, port 3 to printer.

I am NOT using wired backplane on orbi. The upstairs satellite and den satellite are both working fine and running the new 2.13.4 firmware and using a wireless backplane.

Upstairs I have a wired port that runs to port 5 on the 8 port switch, that port goes to a switch that distributes wired ethernet to the den TV, den Xbox, AppleTV, and a upstairs tme machine backup drive on wired (old Airport Express with wireless turned off just using as timemachine drive).

So there are 3 switchs in the house in the mix, and IP passes to all fine wired.  Are you using a wired backplane in any manner AND have you made sure you don't have a RESERVED IP setup in your comcast router.  Your Orbi satellite is going to think its getting DHCP but the Comcast box when using RESERVED IP will always give it the same UP - like a static IP but forced on the device by the router not setup in the Orbi.

Message 28 of 31
jdpg2
Apprentice

my set up is a bit different.  My Comcast GB router is in Bridge mode and connected to an Untangle Network appliance.  I have it wired to several unmanaged 8 port switches.  So DCHP (ip's)  are assinged by the Untangle device.  The issue i had was the update didnt set the wan DHCP server value to the Untangled IP , it had it set to some unknown default ip address.  Once i telneted in and edited it with Putty it worked fine.  I have since dont a full rest and restore again and it appears to be working fine.  The issue is if someone else has a similar  issue i am not sure they would have the IT experience to edit their nvram...

Message 29 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully this is a corner case issue. Haven't seen this with anyone else with this odd after FW update behavior. Possible issue between this Untangle device as the Orbi as well.

Message 30 of 31
jdpg2
Apprentice

Zero to do with untangle.  This was purley an issue with the FW install and reset.  I was on a prior version of the FW (was a beta) , so clearly something between them didnt mix.  Regardless i hope grandmas Orbi doesnt STB when this gets pushed to them.

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7