Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with Orbi connection!!!!

jaishnavpawala
Follower

Issue with Orbi connection!!!!

So I recently moved to a new house. I tried hooking up my Orbi to use along with the WiFi. I got it working with sites that I normally use. Then when I tried hooking up my PS4 it asked for the proxy server info.

If I also go to a website I don’t frequent as often (NBC.com, CBS.com etc) it asked for a log in information. Any ideas on what is causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue with Orbi connection!!!!

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

There are not proxy features on Orbi. 

Have you enabled Circle or Armor features at all? 

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Issue with Orbi connection!!!!

@jaishnavpawala wrote:

So I recently moved to a new house. I tried hooking up my Orbi to use along with the WiFi. I got it working with sites that I normally use. Then when I tried hooking up my PS4 it asked for the proxy server info.

If I also go to a website I don’t frequent as often (NBC.com, CBS.com etc) it asked for a log in information. Any ideas on what is causing this issue?

Thanks in advance.

This can be one of the symptoms for double NAT in your network. If your ISP modem is acting as a router and does NATing on the incoming WAN traffic then this can cause different issues since Orbi is also doing NATing. You need to check if you have double NAT.

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8   (or traceroute 8.8.8.8 if you're using a Mac computer)

1. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. Please check the model of your ISP modem and if you have a manual for it.
  2. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good and we need then to troubleshoot further to find the root cause of the issue,
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7