Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues After Upgrade to Firmware v2.5.0.38 with Orbi RBK53

MikeG63
Apprentice

Issues After Upgrade to Firmware v2.5.0.38 with Orbi RBK53

So, I have upgraded successfully to v2.5.0.38 and everything seems to be fine.

However I have noticed that in quite a few cases the Device Model, Device Name and Device Type settings I previously applied have not been retained and are now un-editable.  No mater what I do, when I try and edit these fields the changes are not being applied when I select 'apply' after having made the necessary edits.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour, and if so were you able to overcome it, and more importantly how?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Issues After Upgrade to Firmware v2.5.0.38 with Orbi RBK53

I'd love to give you a way to fix it. Problem is I've found that the RAX and the orbi devices connected devices page both have had issues with this. It works in some firmwares and not in others. Its a fairly large frustration. I have noticed that the issues tends to be more prominent if you have >30 devices connected. 

Message 2 of 8
MikeG63
Apprentice

Thanks for the prompt reply,  yes I agree, it does seem to be very firmware dependent as I didn't notice this issue with the previous release.  Also as I have some 35 devices connected your hypothesis would seem correct.

Ho hum, patiently awaits the next firmware upgrade Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@MikeG63 wrote:

Ho hum, patiently awaits the next firmware upgrade Smiley Happy

or...you could try to revert back the FW and NOT do manual updates in the future.

Message 4 of 8
MikeG63
Apprentice

If it was not such a trivial 'bug' which is more of an irritation / inconvenience I would agree.  I get it that software is not an exact science, but it does seems a very basic debugging test that has been missed!

Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@MikeG63 wrote:

If it was not such a trivial 'bug' which is more of an irritation / inconvenience I would agree.  I get it that software is not an exact science, but it does seems a very basic debugging test that has been missed!

it could possible be that NG considers some users to be a part of the debugging process.  Ask those who live on the edge.

Message 6 of 8
tfreedman
Aspirant

Same problem with the device names. 

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@MikeG63 wrote:

So, I have upgraded successfully to v2.5.0.38

Why???