Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues setting up RBR850 with RBS50Y - Got me stumped!

Blair2201
Tutor

Issues setting up RBR850 with RBS50Y - Got me stumped!

I recently purchased the new outdoor satellite (RBS50Y) to complement my current network.

I've gone through the setup process about 10 times and the App doesn't see the satellite.  I've reset the Satellite and gone through the process, powered it down, started again etc.

I've been using Orbi products since Netgear launched them and I really don't know why this is happening.

My modem is a Virgin Media Hub 4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Issues setting up RBR850 with RBS50Y - Got me stumped!

It seems that the RBS50Y cannot be used an additional satellite with your RBR850 (AX) system.  It can only be used in extender mode (i.e., not mesh satellite).

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Cannot-sync-Orbi-RBS50Y-outdoor-sate...

• NG support confirmed RBS50Y and RBR850 can sync in Extender mode only. Orbi mesh mode is currently not supported.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

It seems that the RBS50Y cannot be used an additional satellite with your RBR850 (AX) system.  It can only be used in extender mode (i.e., not mesh satellite).

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Cannot-sync-Orbi-RBS50Y-outdoor-sate...

• NG support confirmed RBS50Y and RBR850 can sync in Extender mode only. Orbi mesh mode is currently not supported.
Message 2 of 3
Blair2201
Tutor

Perfect. Worked like a treat.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7