Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with satellite for RBK43

Bretts1208
Aspirant

Issues with satellite for RBK43

Hello
I actually have a RBK43-200NAR orbi router with 2 satellites, unfortunately it wasnt an option in the model field? Anyway, i have the router upstairs in my house in the master bedroom on the back side of the house, one satellite downstairs almost directly below the router, and the final satellite is in my office upstairs towards the front of the house. My issue is with the satellite in my office, i pay for 350mbps with my internet provider (cox) and everywhere except for my office gets those speeds. When i run a speed test wireless or wired in my office im getting around 60 mbps. I have tried plugging the satellite in at all of the outlets around my office and the speed does not improve. I got the orbi system around 2 weeks ago, and straight out of the box my wired and wireless speeds were in the 350 range in my office at that time. Im curious if it might be environmental, with the satellite in my office not communicating effectively with the router or if its something else. I have also switched out the satellite in my office with the one downstairs and im having the same issue, so ive ruled out the possibility that one of the satellites is defective. also, my house is by no means super huge, the satellite in my office is definitely not 30+ feet away from the router. Lastly i did try and turn off the satellite on my office and ran a speed test on my phone and the speeds are in the 350 mbps range.
Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks!
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issues with satellite for RBK43

Try swapping locatons with the RBS? Does the problem follow? 

Try turning OFF 1 RBS and run just the other RBS with the RBR.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Is daisy chain enable on the RBR? 

Message 2 of 11
Bretts1208
Aspirant

The problem does follow when i swap locations of the RBS but ive only tried locations on the same side of the house that my office is on. My home is 2215 sq ft
Daisy chain is enabled.
I have tried turning off one of the RBS, specifically the one in my office, and the wireless speeds improved dramatically, but this doesn't solve my problem as i have a desktop computer in my office that needs to be plugged in via ethernet.
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try disabling Daisy Chain and put the 2nd RBS back online...

Message 4 of 11
Bretts1208
Aspirant

2215 sq ft.
Tried disabling daisy chain and brining second RBS back online and still having the same issue.
I believe that the RBS is 30+ feet away from the RBR
Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

For that size of home, having two RBS with the RBR maybe too much...Seems the reducing the RBS by one helps here. 

Try this,  try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Put the 2nd RBS back online...

Message 6 of 11
Bretts1208
Aspirant

Tried turning down the power output to 50% same issue.
Tried turning it down to 25% same issue.
I tried disabling the RBS downstairs and that didnt seem to help either.
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like having two RBS is causing problems. One seems to do ok? 

Message 8 of 11
Bretts1208
Aspirant

I tried disabling the one of them, and im still having the slow speeds in my office with the other RBS. I need to have the RBS in my office to connect my desktop computer via ethernet.
Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

How about installing a wifi adapter on the PC that needs a wired connection as a suggestion. 

What is the distance between the RBS and this office area? 

Message 10 of 11
Bretts1208
Aspirant

Theres an RBS in the office area. The other RBS is downstairs maybe 40 or 50 ft away
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7