Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Joining the crowd of RBR50/RBS50 which broke after firmware upgrade

FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? 

@skitzrv wrote:

I executed your workaround along with adding "Change the NTP server to 1.pool.ntp.org"

so far so good

Message 26 of 46
billasch
Guide

BTW, this worked for me.  Not one problem since I turned off the Daylight Saving adjustment. Thanks!

Message 27 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you or have you used Traffic Meter any?

@billasch wrote:

BTW, this worked for me.  Not one problem since I turned off the Daylight Saving adjustment. Thanks!

Message 28 of 46
billasch
Guide

Nope, I have not used Traffic Meter

Message 29 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be interesting to see if you re-enabled DST if the problem re-appeared. 

@billasch wrote:

Nope, I have not used Traffic Meter

Message 30 of 46
Hollywired
Tutor

Hello, Everyone.

A follow up to this.  I was able to change the DST and time zone settings back to correct and I have had stable connections since by turning OFF the Traffic Meter feature in the app.

I am running firmware version 2.7.2.104 on my RBR50.

Thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 31 of 46
vajim
Master

@Hollywired wrote:

Hello, Everyone.

A follow up to this.  I was able to change the DST and time zone settings back to correct and I have had stable connections since by turning OFF the Traffic Meter feature in the app.

I am running firmware version 2.7.2.104 on my RBR50.

Thank you.

band-aid

Message 32 of 46
skitzrv
Initiate

V2.7.2.104

No problems since I executed the DL savings workaround

Message 33 of 46
ChristineT
Admin

Hello Orbi Community!

There are a few threads about recent issues with Orbi. As a result of working with a few of you, we've discovered that some of the issues have been caused as a result of the Day Light Savings event when the traffic meter is enabled. We are testing a trial firmware at this time and hope to have it released in the very near future. However, we recommend disabling the traffic meter as a workaround until the issue is confirmed to be resolved in this new firmware. 

Please let me know if you still experience issues after disabling the traffic meter.

Kind Regards,

Christine 

Message 34 of 46
ShaneAN
Tutor

I have an issue -- PHONE SUPPORT. If you keep on pushing out firmware that breaks our previously FINE working router setups -- TAKE SUPPORT CALLS and don't try to extort people for 100 dollars to resolve the issue that you've caused.  It's absolutely ridiculous that you offer a paltry 3 months of customer support and then break our setups with buggy firmware updates -- and then won't help us fix what you broke.

I will NEVER buy a netgear product again.

Message 35 of 46
SidewinderX
Guide

I disabled the traffic meter, then did a factory reset (still at the .104 firmware) and was OK for a few days. Then I started having the same issue over again. I've since rolled back the firmware to the 2.6.1.40 firmware (with traffic meter off), and am still having problems. 

Message 36 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup up from scratch. 

Message 37 of 46
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try a factory reset and setup up from scratch. 

And keep an eye on it 

Message 38 of 46
SidewinderX
Guide

Yeah I think that's my next step. I had done the factory reset from the 2.7 FW, so now that I'm back on 2.6, hopefully a factory reset will settle things down.
Message 39 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

I reset mine, v104 as well. Circle, TM and DST are enabled. Been working well so far. 

Message 40 of 46
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I reset mine, v104 as well. Circle, TM and DST are enabled. Been working well so far. 

That's nice. Smiley Sad

Message 41 of 46
SidewinderX
Guide

Well, I factory reset it again while on the 2.6.1.40 firmware, and it seemed to be OK for a few days, but here I am again, a few days later, still with disconnects / DNS issues. I'm not sure what the next step is here -- I could roll back further to 2.5 family firmware? I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried stock settings, I've tried google/cloudflare DNS, I've tried DST off, I've tried other NTP sources, everything. I haven't had traffic meter on since that was identified as an issue a couple weeks ago (but I had had it on previously) -- did my previous use of traffic meter permantly "infect" my orbit despite the firmware reset?

Message 42 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

What ISP modem/ONT do you nave connected to the RBR?

Might try v104 on the system again and setup from scratch. 

I've been using v104 and after a factory reset and setup from scratch, Traffic Meter disable and enabled with NO LIMIT SET and DST enabled, have had zero problems with these settting. ISP modem was rebooted as well during the reset. No DNS issues as well. NG CM1200 cable modem connected. 

If not, try going back to v16...

@SidewinderX wrote:

Well, I factory reset it again while on the 2.6.1.40 firmware, and it seemed to be OK for a few days, but here I am again, a few days later, still with disconnects / DNS issues. I'm not sure what the next step is here -- I could roll back further to 2.5 family firmware? I'm not sure what else to do. I've tried stock settings, I've tried google/cloudflare DNS, I've tried DST off, I've tried other NTP sources, everything. I haven't had traffic meter on since that was identified as an issue a couple weeks ago (but I had had it on previously) -- did my previous use of traffic meter permantly "infect" my orbit despite the firmware reset?

Message 43 of 46
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 44 of 46
SidewinderX
Guide

I have Cox 300/30 plan, with the Motorola MB8600. 

Message 45 of 46
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You can ask for a beta version as well if you choose to do so:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Daylight-Savings-Time-NTP-DNS-Issues/m-p/2074343/highlight/tru...

Be sure to ask how much they pay 

Message 46 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 29 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7