Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Just bought the Orbi but I'm nervous - should I be?

Just bought the Orbi but I'm nervous - should I be?

My computer level is novice but like the idea of high speeds the Orbi can provide. I will have a streaming device, & gaming console hard wired. 1 TV in a bedroom that streams, 2 tablets, 2 phones, & occasional guest. My nervous energy comes from all the dropping of internet I'm hearing. Is this model to early in its life span for a casual to buy? The idea of spending time on message boards to stay up on things or my warranty running out after 90 days to fix glitches or auto updates not working is worrying at the price point. Thx in advance.
Message 1 of 6

Message 2 of 6

hi

just make sure you buy the orbi from a  place woth a good return refund policy and they give you time to assess it

nothing to gain but good whole house wifi right 🙂

pete

Message 3 of 6
Ralph052
Guide

I've been extremely pleased with the performance of my orbi system and haven't experienced the drops ... currently 28 devices.
Message 4 of 6
Random12
Apprentice

My experience has been good as well, but I'm mostly ios devices at home.

Do bear in mind that people often come to the forums only when they have an issue, so typically you see lots of posts about problems. All of the people who are happy, they typically stay silent as they have no need to come for support.

So it is hard to judge a product by the forum posts. 

Regards

Message 5 of 6

TY all for the responses. Think I'm going to give it a shot. I like the upside of the product & does seem the Netgear team is still working hard on the device & something I can grow into. I do agree about the people you don't hear from when there happy.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7