Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just installed Orbi and having problems

switters
Apprentice

Just installed Orbi and having problems

I just bought an Orbi 6 (RBK852). I put my Xfinity XB6 router in Bridge Mode and deactivated the xFi Pods I had. I went through the setup process for the Orbit 6 and it seemed to work fine. 

However, I'm having three issues.

1) When I click on "Device Manager" in the app, I get an error message: "Sorry, the action was failed. Please try again."

2) Our house is wired for ethernet with Cat-5e and we have gigabit service through Xfinity. Before installing the Orbi, I was getting ~920-940 Mbps download speeds via ethernet. (My desktop computer in my home office was connected to the ethernet wall outlet, and then I had an ethernet cable doing from the home termination hub directly to the Xfinity router.) However, after setting up Orbi and plugging the ethernet cable corresponding to my home office into one of the Orbi LAN ports, I am only getting about 80-100 Mbps. 

3) I'm getting about 200-350 Mbps download speeds using WiFi with Orbi. I thought it would be higher with a gigabit connection?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Just installed Orbi and having problems

Alas, this forum is about the WiFi 5 Orbi product, which is what all of us have.

There is an entire forum devoted to the new WiFi 6 Orbi: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

People who follow that forum will probably have more experience with that product.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 3
switters
Apprentice

Re: Just installed Orbi and having problems

Oops, sorry. Thanks for the heads up. I'll repost there.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7