Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just set up ORBI system and cannot connect printers wirelessly

mbusada
Initiate

Just set up ORBI system and cannot connect printers wirelessly

Hello,

I recently switched from a Nighthawk wireless router to an ORBI system to get more coverage around my home. The ORBI has been great for extending coverage. Before switching to ORBI I had two printers an Epson WP-4540 connected wirelessly and accessable to everyone via wireless or wired connection. The second printer was a brother HL 5250DN whcih was connected via ethernet and accessable to anyone from a wireless or wird connection. Everyone is running Mac laptops, multiple iPads, iPhones and we have two wired iMac desktops. After installing ORBI no one could connect to any printers via wired or wireless connection. I had connected to brother printer to the ORBI router. The Epson was still setup as wireless. I reset epson to factory settings and I could not set it up to connect to the ORBI network as it always saw the router and satellites as separate SSID's with the same name. Tried resetting, new drivers, firmware, etc..and no luck. Finally set it up via ethernet off of a switch and I can now connect to it from my wired computers but not wireless. When attemting to connect via wireless the printer shows as offiline. The Brother printer will not connect at all either wireless or wired. The printer is seen on the network but the printer always shows as offline. Tried resetting, new firmware, drivers, etc...no luck. 

Finally, needed a printer that worked and disconnected ORBI and set the system back up with the old Nighthawk wireless router. I can now connect to the epson via wired or wireless. Not sure where to go from here, return the ORBI?

Thanks  

Mike

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
tellis
Aspirant

Re: Just set up ORBI system and cannot connect printers wirelessly

I am having a similar issue as Mike. Mike, did no one from Netgear even reply to your message? ...

Message 2 of 3
mbusada
Initiate

Re: Just set up ORBI system and cannot connect printers wirelessly

Nobody replied and I never got them to connect wirelessly. I ended up connecting the printers via Ethernet. Not ideal at all, but I do have great WiFi all over my house now.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7