Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: KRACK Patches for Orbi?

sethmeisterg
Tutor

KRACK Patches for Orbi?

Hi,

I haven't seen any firmware releases for the RBK50 system that address KRACK -- Is there Beta firmware available yet, at least?

Thanks,

--S

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
jdpg2
Apprentice

Netgear where is the software update?  This needs to be addressed on both standards and orbi pro

Message 2 of 8
darkstar939
Tutor

Where is this firmware update at?  This is a newer product and netgear has released fixes for other models.  Any word on an update?

Message 3 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 4 of 8
sethmeisterg
Tutor

Hi!

I’ve seen the KB, thanks. What I don’t see are the patches themselves. Please let me know if they’ve already been released but we are missing them somehow.

Thanks!
—S
Message 5 of 8
sethmeisterg
Tutor

Still not seeing a firmware update for this. Why??
Message 6 of 8
Silver0066
Apprentice

This company has the worst support in the industry.  Eero put there Krack patch out weeks ago.  They are losing their reputation FAST!

Message 7 of 8
darkstar939
Tutor

I agree!! Overpriced mesh router with terrible customer support. Last one to patch the most significant vulnerability in wifi in years. Will never buy another netgear product. $500 mesh router doesn’t even support VLAN tags let alone still being vulnerable to KRACK. For the security conscious consumer stear clear of netgear products!!!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7