Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Keep Loosing Internet Connection with my Orbi

Friendlyx
Tutor

Keep Loosing Internet Connection with my Orbi

I recently bought an orbi from amazon and i love it because it reaches throughout my whole house unlike my old router. However, i have noticed that i have dropped internet connections at times. For example the first time i noticed it, i went on a trip for 2 weeks so i haven't really been home to notice a drop in connection, was this morning and it had a pulsing magenta, i had to restart and it came back up. Afterwards now i saw that it had a pulsing white and it fixed itself within a few minutes. I paid a lot of this system and i want to know what's wrong or if anyone else has had this issue? I'd really appreciate any help. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 57
sunildax
Star

Hi,

I too face a similar issue and need to reboot the router once in two days. Further, the WiFi too stops and new connections cannot be made. Once the R and S are rebooted, everything works fine. Have the latest firmware version. Any pointers please? Cannot have such an unreliable system for the price paid.

Message 2 of 57
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you checked to see if the modem loses internet connection during that time the orbi stopped working?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 57
Friendlyx
Tutor

No the modem still has internet 

Message 4 of 57
jmhley
Initiate

I'm having the same problem. My orbi loses internet every 12-15 hours. I just bought it on Saturday and for the price I paid it's completely unacceptable. I've never had this issue prior to purchasing the orbi. I have the RBK50
Message 5 of 57
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Friendlyx and jmhley

We have a beta firmware that has alot of fixes if you would like to try this let me know.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 57
Friendlyx
Tutor

Good Morning, i apologize, i went ahead and bought a replacement Linksys, you guys have lost me as a customer for other netgear products as this was my first. I will be selling my orbi elsewhere, thank you. Have a wonderful day. 

Message 7 of 57
jmhley
Initiate

Yes, how do I get it?
Message 8 of 57
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jmhley

Send me a Pm with your name, email, and phone number and our support team will contact you with the beta firmware. Also can you tell me what devices you are seeing disconnects on? This beta is only for RBK50 units.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 9 of 57
drakelindsay
Aspirant

I would like to try this beta.  I purchased last Saturday and have till next Saturday to determine if I'm going to keep this system.  I'm currently on newest stable version and updated to it right after setting the system up.  I guess I should have tried it out more before upgrading.  I have the RBK50 system AC3000.  

Thanks

Drake

Message 10 of 57
CReinhard
Aspirant

My System has been working fine for months and now it keeps dropping, WTF guys do you have a firm ware patch!  Please email me a link so I can fix this !  

Message 11 of 57
art712
Initiate

I have the same issues as others.  Things were fine but now I lose my connection once a day after 12 hours or so.  This "breaks" my cameras which cannot resetablish themselves without going through their setups again.  Is there a beta firmware that fixes this?  I am willing to try anything to get this thing stable again.  REally frustrated with the cost of the system and the inability to callit reliable.

Please help.

Message 12 of 57
DBetts
Guide

Same issue, have updated to the latest firmware, problem is getting worse, now drops internet connection 6-7 times per day. 

If there is a fix, please get it out fast, this is really unacceptable.

Message 13 of 57
Streak2
Master

I am running firmware V2.0.0.74 on mine and have none of these issues.

What firmware are you running?

Do you have MU-MIMO and beamforming enabled?

Message 14 of 57
RvanD
Tutor

Hi there,

I know there are many threads for this issue already but I can't get my head around it. My orbi satellite keeps dropping connection as well. I'm unable to open the disk image of updates. I'm at my wits end. I don't want to get a new product but a permanent solution.

Message 15 of 57
Streak2
Master

@RvanD wrote:

Hi there,

I know there are many threads for this issue already but I can't get my head around it. My orbi satellite keeps dropping connection as well. I'm unable to open the disk image of updates. I'm at my wits end. I don't want to get a new product but a permanent solution.

What firmware version are you running?

Message 16 of 57
RvanD
Tutor

I am pretty certain it's the latest version. I can't even log in to the main or satellite unit.

Message 17 of 57
Streak2
Master

For us to be of any help you'll need to be able to log in and give us the firmware version as well as some of the advanced wifi settings.

Why cant you log in?

Use http://orbilogin.com/ and if wifi is giving you grief then plug a computer directly into the Orbi using an ethernet cable.

Message 18 of 57
RvanD
Tutor

I can't even login with an ethernet cable. The website keeps denying. I have been able to log in sporadically. orbilogin.com doesn't work. I also have the Netgear Genie but the router login window also doesn't work. Sometimes, infrequently, the system works and I can even see the satellite but generally it just doesn't.

Message 19 of 57
Streak2
Master

Factory reset the Orbi router and try again.
Right now can you see the SSID of the router in the list of available wifi signals? Eg. Orbixx.
Message 20 of 57
RvanD
Tutor

I can see ORBI55 but I still can't log in. 

Message 21 of 57
DBetts
Guide

I have updated the system to V2.0.0.74   no improvement.  I have MU-MIMO and beamforming enabled but it is not random connected wireless devices dropping the internet connection, it is the base router and all devices lose connectivity simultaneously whether wired or otherwise. Have spoken to support, its like they don't listen, having me change channels on the wireless settings, umm sure, lets do that. End of tech support today was, must be my ISP, so had the ISP out, all tests clean. Subsequently connected my old Linksys router and voila, stable connection. Netgear, time to acknowledge you have a problem...

Message 22 of 57
RvanD
Tutor

Hi, I've reset the system and I see the SSID, Orbi55, but I'm still not able to log in, ie I can't change network name or password. Can't log in with ethernet cable either. The problem of dropped connection seems to have subsided for now. 

Message 23 of 57
Friendlyx
Tutor

If it's possible to return the product, do it. I did best decision. I tried with customer support on forums and on Reddit and no one could fix my issue. I paid way to much money for this, for it not to work.
Message 24 of 57
Streak2
Master

@RvanD wrote:

Hi, I've reset the system and I see the SSID, Orbi55, but I'm still not able to log in, ie I can't change network name or password. Can't log in with ethernet cable either. The problem of dropped connection seems to have subsided for now. 

Before worrying about changing anything, can you connect to Orbi55?

If so then can you get to http://orbilogin.net/ and if so are you using the default userid and password to log in?

Message 25 of 57
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7