Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LAN Ports dropping on RBR40

jhiggins1123
Guide

Unfortunately, no its no longer under warranty.  The RBR has been up for 18 hours now with no issues as an access point behind the linksys router.  So Im assuming theres something wrong with the Orbi's ability to function as a router.  

Message 26 of 31
vajim
Master

@jhiggins1123 wrote:

Unfortunately, no its no longer under warranty.  The RBR has been up for 18 hours now with no issues as an access point behind the linksys router.  So Im assuming theres something wrong with the Orbi's ability to function as a router.  

either that (and I'm guessing here) you didn't configure it correctly as a router out in front...??

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 27 of 31
jhiggins1123
Guide

I know how to setup the router.  Ive been working in IT for 20 years.  Besides that, these things are supposed to be plug and play without much configuration.  The only thing on the router I changed was disabling SIP-ALG.  I needed it turned off to work from home.  The article you linked is how to turn the router into AP mode.  I did that yesterday, and it works fine that way.  But I didnt pay $300 for an AP.  (Sorry for the frustration).  

I emailed the tech support security group to see if they can give me any answers.  Theres obviously something wrong with the Orbi.  But the fact that its out of warranty limits my options.  

Message 28 of 31
vajim
Master

@jhiggins1123 wrote:

I know how to setup the router.  Ive been working in IT for 20 years.  Besides that, these things are supposed to be plug and play without much configuration.  The only thing on the router I changed was disabling SIP-ALG.  I needed it turned off to work from home.  The article you linked is how to turn the router into AP mode.  I did that yesterday, and it works fine that way.  But I didnt pay $300 for an AP.  (Sorry for the frustration).  

I emailed the tech support security group to see if they can give me any answers.  Theres obviously something wrong with the Orbi.  But the fact that its out of warranty limits my options.  

OK....good luck...the one thing I've never quite understood is why folks would want to run another router with the Orbi?  In your case it was working (?) and then you brought in another router...??

The article you linked is how to turn the router into AP mode. ...yeah I knew that.....I was think you would apply the reverse.

I wish youy the best

Message 29 of 31
jhiggins1123
Guide

Sorry, we may have had a miscommunication.  I never had the Orbi and the Linksys setup at the same time as routers.  My first test was to disconnect the Orbi completely and go back to the Linksys router to see if it had the same issues.  It did not.

Right now the I have the Linksys router setup with no wifi and the Orbi setup as the AP for wifi.  

Message 30 of 31
vajim
Master

@jhiggins1123 wrote:

Sorry, we may have had a miscommunication.  I never had the Orbi and the Linksys setup at the same time as routers.  My first test was to disconnect the Orbi completely and go back to the Linksys router to see if it had the same issues.  It did not.

Right now the I have the Linksys router setup with no wifi and the Orbi setup as the AP for wifi.  

Gotcha...yeah...my fault.....I just run a Motorola modem straight to the Orbi....no second router...like I said I still don't understand why anyone would want to run another router with the Orbi

There are others in this forum that do run another router (AP or wifi) and they seem to be fine.  Perhaps they will chime in.

good luck 

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7