Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LED blinking Continuously blinking White

ThurmJ
Aspirant

LED blinking Continuously blinking White

After a power outage at my home, I reset my modem and then my Orbi Router. The Orbi Router has a white blinking ring that will not stop. I tried using the app and tried setting up a new system as well. No luck, the router stays in this (boot) mode.

I tried doing a factory reset on the router as well with a paper clip. No luck there either. The white Blinking LED still there, and cannot connect my Orbi.

I tried calling in to support, and here is where the frustration really begins. I had to call in 4 different times and not once did I ever get connected with the Orbi department. Sat on hold each time for 45 min plus, and never got anyone. Each time I spoke to a person, the same result. My last attempt was a supervisor, and after 1 hour and 20 min, still no one. They just left me on hold.
So, here I am looking for help. Please help me find a way to get my Orbi back up and running!!! I appreciate any help you can all offer.
Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
ThurmJ
Aspirant

I am not familiar with how to update firmware on a router that cannot connect to my network. If this is the suggestion, please give me a detailed easy to follow way to do this please. I have been reading similar post to this, and cannot find a direct answer. I really don’t want to have to spend another $350 for a whole new system, this one is less than 7 months old.
Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the LED blicking ON and OFF or slowly plusating on and off? 

Did you hold the reset button untill the top led turned on Amber then let go? IT should then blink ON and OFF White, then slowly plusate On and Off WHITE. 

Is your PC getting a IP address from the router when LAN cable connected? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7