Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LED ring solid white

smojsak
Aspirant

LED ring solid white

Hi. 

I have a solid white light on my Orbi router but my satellites are with solid blue or red then blue. 

I saw some people are having the same issues and said to download new firmware but when I go to the recommended pages to do this there is no download. 

I am not a tech person but I need this to work asap. Can anyone help?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

For RBR50 model routers you can find FW here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx

Try a Manual FW load:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

Message 2 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@smojsak wrote:

Hi. 

I have a solid white light on my Orbi router but my satellites are with solid blue or red then blue. 

If the Satellites have blue rings then you should be fine. What problems do you see in your network? Can you see your wifi networks and have internet access?

Message 3 of 6
smojsak
Aspirant

Hi

One of the satellites is now moving from blue to red and then to no colour and stays with no colour for most of the time. 

I can see a Orbi network (full signal) to join but I tried now on my laptop it states "Can't join this network"

Any ideas? I am tempted to just send the whole thing back and order a new one or different one entirely.

Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@smojsak wrote:

Hi

One of the satellites is now moving from blue to red and then to no colour and stays with no colour for most of the time. 

I can see a Orbi network (full signal) to join but I tried now on my laptop it states "Can't join this network"

Any ideas? I am tempted to just send the whole thing back and order a new one or different one entirely.

- Are you able to login to the Orbi GUI (orbilogin.com)?

- What ISP modem/router are you sung and is it just a modem or is it a router?

- Pleas make sure first that the Router is up and running and you can login to the router, then get the satellites up one by one.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset this satellite as well using same process as I suggested for router. Then try to re-add it to the router. 

@smojsak wrote:

Hi

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7