Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: LG SmartTV slow connections

vhoog20
Aspirant

LG SmartTV slow connections

I am experiencing problems with my LG SmartTV (LG 55C7V, WebOS3.5)

With my old WiFi I didnt experience any problems. Now that I have upgraded to the Orbi system I am having frequent issues with a very slow connection.

The TV show full WiFi range. In the Device status of the ORBI I see the TV connected to the router, using 5GHz and a 300+ Mbps Link Rate.

But Netflix is VERY VERY slow. When I usee the connectivity test inside the netflix app it is as slow as 1-3Mbps. When I disable/enable wifi on the TV it works fine again. When I restart the router it also works fine again.

Please help. I used the newest firmware, but also downgraded to the previes .10 again. same issues. 

Could this be an incompatibility between those two devices? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you power cycled the TV or removed any wireless network settings from the TV then power OFF then back on and re-setup the wifi connection?

What is the distance between the TV and the Orbi router or satellite?

Can try disabling MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming to see if this helps any.

Seems like the TV maybe connecting to 2.4Ghz rather that 5Ghz...Does the TV show which freqency it's connected too?

Message 2 of 5
vhoog20
Aspirant

Yes i tried. When i do a re-setup of the tv it works for 1, max 2 days and then same problem.

I also did a factory reset (thats what LG customer support told me to do. factory reset and use a wired connection 😞  )

The tv connects to the main router. distance is just 6m/.

TV doesnt show frequency but in the orbi i see its 5GHz. And linkrate is always >300Mbps. Most of the time is >500Mbps

disabling MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming dont seem to help so far 

Message 3 of 5
vhoog20
Aspirant

@Case850 wrote:

@vhoog20  wrote: >>> I am experiencing problems with my LG SmartTV (LG 55C7V, WebOS3.5)

Try this link for a firmware update and see if this makes a difference.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-OLED55C7V

This version is not available in my country (Netherlands). I called LG. they told me i shouldnt use the UK version or I can break CI+ support for the cable companies here.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a manual channel on 1, 6, 11 or 13 on 2.4ghz and a different channel on 5Ghz.

Set up a IP address reservation on the router for the TV...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7