Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LTE Dongle capability on Orbi

ronnyromero
Follower

LTE Dongle capability on Orbi

C´mon guys, this is something very old already.  People want reliability, and the LAN is important, sure, but if the routing engine does not allow any type Multihomming/MultiISP, there's not so much reliability you can get.  With LTE dongles everywhere this is a good improvement, also, you could let one LAN port be used for this. Please let the USB port be used for LTE dongles, you can start with the Huawei modems because they are so cheap and good enough that anyone could get one. I have one of the Huawei E5 routers and these are promising equipments bc they let you use an external antenna to improve signal...geesh i need to make this work.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
rhester72
Virtuoso

Re: LTE Dongle capability on Orbi

Orbi is a very consumer product.  Consumers generally would not begin to even understand what you're describing, much less how to implement it.  I don't speak for the company, but I doubt very much this will ever be implemented in any of the new batch of consumer "mesh" systems available.  You're looking for a more Ubiquiti-like "prosumer" solution.

Rodney

Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: LTE Dongle capability on Orbi

Get a Cradlepoint router if you want LTE, multi ISP, failover, external antennas, etc.  They work very well. I have my Orbi connected to a Cradlepoint.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7