Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lan connections not working

Rogier_L
Aspirant

Lan connections not working

Hello netgear community,
I just switched from an old D-link router/WiFi modem to the Orbi RBR50 with 2 satelites. The WiFi works perfect but the devices that use to work with LAN cable do not make connection. The Denon AVR-X4400H can be connected wireless but I prefer a wired connection for the sound quality. I think it has something to do with the IP adress but even if I switch DHCP on in the Denon Setup it doesn’t work. The second device is a Synology DS214play NAS where I have the same problem and no wireless alternative.

Does anyone have any tips how to solve this?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ekhalil
Master

Re: Lan connections not working

@Rogier_L wrote:
I just found out that the router/modem from my internet provider can be switched into Bridge-modus. With this modus;
- WiFi is switched off
- DHCP server and NAT settings are cancelled
- Firewall is switched off
- LAN connections 2-4 are blocked

Should I do this? Or make Orbi the accespoint?

It depends on the router capability of the ISP router compared to Orbi. It's your choice.

I would bridge the ISP mode and keep Orbi in Router Mode.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

The first thing I would think of here is that you have another DHCP source than Orbi in the network, like the ISP modem/router? What is the make and model of the ISP modem/router? If it's a router does it provide DHCP functionality?

Such an issue might not be seen in wireless devices since wireless devices get the Orbi address as gateway and source of DHCP in the attach procedure, but for wired devices there is no attach procedure so these devices will get IP addresses from the first router to reply.

Message 2 of 8
Rogier_L
Aspirant

There is an Ubee UVW3200 modem/router that is directly connected to the internet supplied by the internet provider. The Orbi RBR50 router is behind the Ubee. My internet provider will sent me a newer modem/router. Hopefully the problem is solved once I have installed this one.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 8
ekhalil
Master

If you have the possibility, please ask the ISP to send you a “plain” modem with NO routing capability.
Message 4 of 8
st_shaw
Master

With two routers (Orbi plus Ubee) you will have two networks that cannot fully communicate with each other. You could fix this by switching the Orbi to Access Point mode and using the Ubee as your router/DHCP server.

Message 5 of 8
Rogier_L
Aspirant

I just found out that the router/modem from my internet provider can be switched into Bridge-modus. With this modus;
- WiFi is switched off

Message 6 of 8
ekhalil
Master

@Rogier_L wrote:
- WiFi is switched off

It depends on the router capability of the ISP router compared to Orbi. It's your choice.

I would bridge the ISP mode and keep Orbi in Router Mode.

Message 7 of 8
Rogier_L
Aspirant

With the new modem from my ISP switched into bridge-mode everything works perfect 👍🏻
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7