Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latence issue

JYLB
Aspirant

Latence issue

Hello everyone, my installation ORBI50 (a router and 2 satellites) shows a latency of 2 seconds every 30 seconds. This only happens during a Wifi connection. When a PC is connected in ethernet directly on the router it does not happen. I tried to change the channel settings but it doesn’t change anything. Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Jean-Yves

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JYLB
Aspirant

Re: Latence issue

After searching all the PC configuration and the PC componant which can cause the issue I found that we use BARCO QuickShare interface and when the pilote is installed on an laptop the issue appear. Unintalling the pilote remove the issue. I'll have now to speack with BARCO people to figure out a solution. Thanks to all who helped me.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.

Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 4
JYLB
Aspirant

Added to my former message : 

if i connect the laptop with an ethernet cable to the satellite the issue disapear.

for your information

Message 3 of 4
JYLB
Aspirant

After searching all the PC configuration and the PC componant which can cause the issue I found that we use BARCO QuickShare interface and when the pilote is installed on an laptop the issue appear. Unintalling the pilote remove the issue. I'll have now to speack with BARCO people to figure out a solution. Thanks to all who helped me.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7