Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Latency and random poor backhaul status

xdwt44
Aspirant

Latency and random poor backhaul status

Hello Everybody,

I recently purchased a RBR350 with two satellites and I am currently running the firmware version : V4.3.4.8_1.9.53

I am living in a 85m2 appartment with big thick swiss walls.

I purchased a mesh system as I was using a synology router connected to my internet box but the coverage was not good (latencies) so I thought it would help.

My main router RBR350 is located where my internet box is and I have one satellite in my bedroom and another one in my office.

Problem : My coverage is super good in my bedroom (closest one from the main router) but in my office I have latencies and sometimes the backhaul status goes to poor randomly during the day. As a result, I have issues during my work meetings on Zoom or Teams.

I contacted the support but literraly got no help. The only answer they could give to me is your appartment is too small for Orbi and it's making too much interference (without checking anything..) but on the other hand if I move the orbi satellite closer to my main router then the status never change from Good.

I tried to live with only one satellite (the one from the bedroom) but I am also getting latencies sometimes during the day.

I saw a lot of other topics related to the same type of issues, some recommend to adjust some settings and some to connect to telnet to check the stats. My problem is that most of the options provided in these posts are not in the interface of my newer orbi system.

Can anybody help me on troubleshooting this ?

For instance, in this topic, I don't have the telnet option in the debug page to check the backhaul rssi : https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Backhaul-status-indicates-poor/td-p/1891681 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Latency and random poor backhaul status

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
xdwt44
Aspirant

Re: Latency and random poor backhaul status

Thank you for your answer
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos