Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latency problems with Orbi and iPhone?

realexm
Tutor

Latency problems with Orbi and iPhone?

Brand new Orbi, 7 days old. Router coverage seems to be good. Am getting consistent 70Mbps speednet results (100Mpbs provider speed) which is okay I guess. Problem is that there seem to be latency with iPhone 7 (my wife and mine). Opening a page (Facebook, Apps) sometimes it opens instantly, sometimes there's a delay, sometimes it won't load at all. Very, very frustrating.

Tried: reseting modem, router 2.4GHz set to 50% Power, WMM off. 5GHz set to default. Disabled MU-MIMO and BEAMFORMING.

I tried contacting support but I'm getting the "This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative." message.

My Asus RC66 with extender performer more reliable. Do I need to return the unit?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
fbraz50
Apprentice

It sounds like you are experiencing the problems I had. It is possibly a packet loss issue that happens every 15-25 minutes. Here is my experience: Orbi packet loss and downgrade post

Message 2 of 5
realexm
Tutor

Thanks for the interesting reply. My concern is that with a $350 product there are these type of problems. Should have known better to trust a Netgear problem again (have had nothing but problems in the past). I'm seriously consider returning the Orbi now that I still can do so.

Message 3 of 5
fbraz50
Apprentice

If you don't have a requirement for in network raw speed then maybe an eero or plume system would be better. I stick with orbi because it's the fastest within your network. I have a decent amount of data on an in network nas qnap storage and I need the speed. Otherwise I'm waiting a long time to transfer data to and from my nas.
Message 4 of 5
realexm
Tutor

Unfortunately I couldn't get in touch with Netgear Support due to the SN error, and they didn't respond here. So I returned my Orbi.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7