Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest Firmware V2.5.0.38

FURRYe38
Guru

If you can access the RBRs UI you can reset it there using the ERASE feature. 

Would be recommended to reset the RBS as well. I would reset the RBS after you have the RBR set from scratch and up and running. Add the RBS at a later time. 

Message 76 of 107
Ahwman
Aspirant

Can both devices be reset from the UI (router and satellite)?  If so, how?

Thanks!

Message 77 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

Only the RBR can be reset from the RBRs UI, Under Advaned Tab/Administration/Backup Settings. 

The RBS, press the reset button for 15 seconds then let go. Re-sync with sync button on RBR and RBS. Or add via RBRs UI to add there as well. 

Message 78 of 107
Ahwman
Aspirant

Thanks so much for the info...

Message 79 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 80 of 107
CrimpOn
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thank you.  I had not seen this.Another reason I like this community forum. People "know things".

Message 81 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

It's nice to collaborate as well. 

@CrimpOn wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thank you.  I had not seen this.Another reason I like this community forum. People "know things".

Message 82 of 107
OzzBoz
Initiate

Did you find a fix for the seperate wifi bands automatically joining again? Mine did the same after applying this update - After working perfectly for 18 months. I set up the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands again and it works, but after a few minutes, it rejoins them. Painful, as not everything on my network can deal with band steering.

Ridiculous that we even have to go through the telnet solution in the first place, given not every product can cope with band steering, but then to reset it after you specifically disable it is just plain stupid. The option to turn it off should be in the UI. Basic sh*t!.

Message 83 of 107
vitaliy_k
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with 2.5.0.38. Also, after joining bands I see my upload speed over wifi went down from ~300Mbps to 30-40Mbps.  Quite frustrating.

Is there a way to rollback to previous firmware?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 84 of 107
Ahwman
Aspirant

I'm also having issues and want to roll back. Would someone please confirm that the prior version is: 2.3.1.60.

Thanks!

Message 85 of 107
rtparies
Guide

would also like to know how to roll back, i tried downloading an older version and manually updating and was told it was an invalid version

Message 86 of 107
RDMSYS
Star

I did learn something from all this carrying on at least. These advanced wireless settings? I have never used them.

I mean should I? Implicit Beamforming, MU-MIMO and Fast Roaming?

My speed seems to be very good but could it be better?

Message 87 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

Beamforming should be enabled. 

MIMO depends on if you have any MIMO supporting connected client devices or not. 

Fast Roaming can be if you want to give it a try. Supposed to help you while your on the wireless phone conversation and walking about. 

Can try them or disable them. I keep Beamforming enabled at all times. 

@RDMSYS wrote:

I did learn something from all this carrying on at least. These advanced wireless settings? I have never used them.

I mean should I? Implicit Beamforming, MU-MIMO and Fast Roaming?

My speed seems to be very good but could it be better?

Message 88 of 107
schornstadt
Tutor

Cannot rename attached devices, no matter what.

Cannot change icons in attached devices list.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 89 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

Known issue already:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-Device-Names-not-Saving/td-p/1814483/jump-to/first-...

@schornstadt wrote:

Cannot rename attached devices, no matter what.

Cannot change icons in attached devices list.

Message 90 of 107
Joboo7777
Apprentice

I upgraded without issue(for the most part). I run as vanilla a setup as it gets. Only change my DNS to OPENDNS and 2  wifi settings(enabled beamforming and MU-MIMO). I do not use guest access, Armor, or Circle services. Upgrade an rebooted without issue.

I dont really pay attention to the device list all too much. But I did notice that my ring doorbell pro device now has a name of "Homeboy" which was not there before. Anyone else have this?

Thanks

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 91 of 107
schornstadt
Tutor

Thank you for your response.

I have 80 devices and they list OK in version 2.35.35 and I can rename and change icons.

Updated firmware and downgraded several times with the same results.

Cannot rename devices or change icons.

Message 92 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll have to wait until NG gets this fixed. 

@schornstadt wrote:

Thank you for your response.

I have 80 devices and they list OK in version 2.35.35 and I can rename and change icons.

Updated firmware and downgraded several times with the same results.

Cannot rename devices or change icons.

Message 93 of 107
jayyanez
Aspirant

I have version 2.3.5.30

Message 94 of 107
SergeD
Tutor

In the mean time I enable mimo, before and circle. No more wifi disconnection
Message 95 of 107
SergeD
Tutor

Yes
Message 96 of 107
SergeD
Tutor

I disabled first everything and it run like a ferari

Since i enable circle (wznt to limit the hours of games spent by my kids on ps4...just to ensure they have a real live;) this caused kind of delay when accessing webpage. I believe it is due by additional checks before allowing page access
Message 97 of 107
FURRYe38
Guru

For any Circle issues, Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
Message 98 of 107
FWM
Aspirant
Aspirant

First time ever I did a firmware update and had a problem similar to everyone else. After the update finished, my router turned on and 2 of 2 sattelites were disconnected.

Solution for me:

I unplugged the router and both sattelites. Then replugged. Both turned blue, but only one showed up as connected. So I went to the one sattelite that said disconnected and instead of doing the same thing, I took a paperclip and did a reset. And it worked. I'm sure this is a type of problem that has different solutions for everyone, but I'm glad I didn't have to do a factory reset.

Message 99 of 107
intrepid_joe
Aspirant

This may or may not help, and may or may not be pure coincidence - but reading the solutions (factory reset) presented made me irritated enough to post it as a suggestion -- in case it helps.

I decided to try to poke and bang it a little, so to speak, to see if anything came loose - I turned on "Access control" ( [Admin_Base_URL]/adv_index.htm ) - just turned it on, nothing else. After a few minutes, it started showing everything, Could be a coincidence - no idea.

One other thing: despite the web interface showing no satellites attached, I used a wireless card in "monitor mode" to verify that the routers were in fact connected and talking. (Aircrack-NG, Kismet, Bettercap etc - tools we don't talk about in polite conversation, but they help here!)

Best of luck!

Message 100 of 107
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7