Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Limit device to LAN using RBR50v2

MarkGould13
Aspirant

Limit device to LAN using RBR50v2

I am trying to do something with my Orbi system (RBR 50) that may not be possible. (Certainly, I have yet to find a way to achieve it.)

I have a device on my network that does not need to connect to the wider internet. I can see that it is possible to control the device's access to the network, but I think that will shut it off from the LAN as well as the WAN. Is there a way of allowing LAN access but not WAN access? 

Thanks,

Mark.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Limit device to LAN using RBR50v2

@MarkGould13 wrote:

I have a device on my network that does not need to connect to the wider internet. I can see that it is possible to control the device's access to the network, but I think that will shut it off from the LAN as well as the WAN. Is there a way of allowing LAN access but not WAN access?

Have you tried the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Security Menu "Block Services"?

Set up one block for "Any" services, ports 1-65535 on the IP address of that device. and make the Schedule "Always".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@MarkGould13 wrote:

Have you tried the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Security Menu "Block Services"?

Set up one block for "Any" services, ports 1-65535 on the IP address of that device. and make the Schedule "Always".

Message 2 of 3
MarkGould13
Aspirant

Thank you @CrimpOn  -- that seems to have done the trick. (I had seen the function, but I thought it would block internal and external traffic alike.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7