Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Link Rate issue after firmware update?

rp2955
Aspirant

Link Rate issue after firmware update?

Hey all, just recently updated my RBR50 and 2 RBW 30s to the latest firmware. When I check them in the Orbi App, the link rates seem to be screwed up. For example, most of the link rates are showing numbers like 111225Mbps. The satellites seem to be performing fine. Any thoughts?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

The link rate is showing up where? (Orbi "app" on iPhone or Android?)  Another way to check is enable telnet access on the Orbi "debug" page (http://<ip of orbi>/debug.htm). Then, telnet to the Orbi using "admin" and the admin password, and type in

satelliteinfo.wifi

This will show the link rate. 

Message 2 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

Yes, on the Orbi app on both iphone and Ipad. See screenshot attached. 

Message 3 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

You will probably get a more informed response on the Orbi App forum. Many of us on this forum prefer the web interface and have little experience with the "app". 

Message 4 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

Message 5 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@rp2955 wrote:
Hey all, just recently updated my RBR50 and 2 RBW 30s to the latest firmware. When I check them in the Orbi App, the link rates seem to be screwed up. For example, most of the link rates are showing numbers like 111225Mbps. The satellites seem to be performing fine. Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

No, I have not performed a factory reset and setup from scratch after the FW upgrade.  I did reboot the RBR and all satellites last night just to see if that would clear out the link rates and refresh.  However, I still see the funky link rates with the devices connected to the satellites.  I don't see the same link rate issue with devices connected to the RBR however.  In both cases, my speeds seem to be the same as before the FW upgrade so I am assuming it's an app glitch?

Message 7 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Possibly. A factory reset maybe needed to check and confirm. If this doesn't change anything, I would notifiy NG support. 

Message 8 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

How do I contact NG support specifically?  I did go ahead and post the same question on the Orbi App forum.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 10 of 21
CrimpOn
Guru

For 90 days after purchase, Netgear provides free support. Go to the registration page for the link. Alas, my Orbi is nearly two years old, and I did not need Netgear support for over a year.
Message 11 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

Yeah, my tech support expired as well so not an option for me.  

Message 12 of 21
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rp2955

We do have a new app version 2.4.2.726 (Android) and 2.4.2.4 on iOS released last week. Can you please check if you have the latest version?

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 13 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

I see v2.4.2.725 (Android) on my Galaxy pad. Just confirming correct version please. 

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @rp2955

We do have a new app version 2.4.2.726 (Android) and 2.4.2.4 on iOS released last week. Can you please check if you have the latest version?

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 14 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

Yes, I have that version of the app and I still see the weird link rates being displayed for any devices attached to my two satellites.

Message 15 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@rp2955 wrote:

The subject of this post is .."Link Rate issue after firmware update?"    

Has anyone addressed what Orbi FW we're talking?

Message 16 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

The satellites are on V2.3.5.6 and router is on V2.3.5.30.

Message 17 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@rp2955 wrote:

The satellites are on V2.3.5.6 and router is on V2.3.5.30.

V2.3.5.30 for the router is known to have issues.

And how did the update come about?  Did you do it?

Message 18 of 21
rp2955
Aspirant

Yes.  I am not trying to overengineer this...I was just hoping someone who had the same satellites and downloaded the same firmware can confirm that they either see this same issue or not.  If not, I likely need to factory reset my setup.  Its more of an annoyance than anything else as my speeds are just fine.

Message 19 of 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@rp2955 wrote:

Yes.  I am not trying to overengineer this...I was just hoping someone who had the same satellites and downloaded the same firmware can confirm that they either see this same issue or not.  If not, I likely need to factory reset my setup.  Its more of an annoyance than anything else as my speeds are just fine.

Do a search for V2.3.5.30 topics in this forum.  

Message 20 of 21
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All, 

This has been brought up already to engineers. We will get back to you guys for any updates.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7