Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: List of connected devices doesn't appear anymore !!

Antoine78
Aspirant

List of connected devices doesn't appear anymore !!

Hi, i have installed my RBK50 (Base + Satellite) in AP mode (Access Point mode).

The configuration went well and was pretty easy.

I have also upgraded the firmware without any problem (curently v  2.1.2.18).

The connected devices (dispositifs connectés) were listed correctly with their respective thumbnail images and so on.

Now they do not appear anymore ! Why ? this is very helpful when you want to control who's connected.

The list is simply empty !

Can someone from the NetGear support tell me why ?

Regards

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may want to factory reset the orbi unit after upgrading firmware it could of caused something strange to happen with your settings.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 14
Sevo123
Apprentice

Getting a similar issue with my rbk53 system. Wont show me all my devices that are connected. On latest update! Netgear needs to get their act together fix this! Dropped connections, slow speeds, attached devices not showing
Message 3 of 14
Antoine78
Aspirant

@DarrenMSo i f i hard reset my Orbi, and i already backuped my config (cfg file) can i restore it and retrieve my config as i configured it ???

Will i retrieve my connected devices list ?

Regards,

P.S. :  i already heard about hard resetting the config somewhere else, so i just need to understand if i have to reconfigure everything manually or if restoring my .cfg file is enough.

Message 4 of 14
Antoine78
Aspirant

@Sevo123I agree, for that price, this should not suffer such malfunction / bug !

Message 5 of 14
budy
Luminary

You surely should backup your config, before performing a factory reset, but it could very well be - just as Darren noted, that the settings of your device(s) have been screwed up. In that case restoring your current config would surely re-introduce your issue.

However, it may be worth a try to factory reset and then restore your config… The question is, if your issue is actually caused by a config issue, or some other problem and if your issue is caused by a config issue, will the backup include this error. No other way to find out, then to try, I guess.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 6 of 14
Antoine78
Aspirant

Ok i'll try this week-end to not disrupt my familly with this during the week , as internet is our working tool and is allways in use 😉

i'll keep you informed

Model: RBK33| Orbi Plug-In WiFi System, RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 14
cotchon
Aspirant

Same for me, firmware V2.1.4.16

French was selected, I switched back to English and it resolved the problem.

Thank you Netgear support ... Factory reset is not the solution to everything ...

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I would change the IP address pool size after doing the ERASE settings on the router from 192.168.1.2 to .254 to 192.168.1.100 to .200.

I would also start to set up IP address reservations for each device, starting with the satellite and your test PC.

Message 9 of 14
Beejourcava
Aspirant

Hello

Thanks a lot for your help

i had the same problem on a brand new system rbk50 with last firmware . I tried everything since 2 days....then i found this post...

The app dont like French option !! Really a Big Big Bug !! 

So French option should be deleted 

++

Message 10 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 11 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @Antoine78

Are you still experiencing the same issue? If so, please download the latest firmware and let me know if this fixes your issue. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rbr50.aspx#download

~Christian 

Message 12 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cotchon

@Beejourcava

We have received positive feedback regarding the French option with our beta FW. If you are interested and want to have the French option selected, please respond to the thread below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-a-select-group-of-Orbi-Community-members-that-are/...

~Christian 

Message 13 of 14
Beejourcava
Aspirant

Ok thanks i’m going To try

Have à Nice day

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7