Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Literally getting 100x faster download on my phone than my connected computer to the satellite.

DasRedBeard
Aspirant

Literally getting 100x faster download on my phone than my connected computer to the satellite. How?

Okay so I finally got the router and the satellite finally setup. My computer is connected via ethernet to the satellite. I have no wireless card for it so thats my only choice. Ran a couple speedtest and I get average 2.5mbps down and 11mbps up. My phone on the other hand connected over wifi gets 230mbps down with 12 up. Every single test. I cannot figure out why this would be. Now I did these test before and after I updated to the latest firmware version (.34) and same issue.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

Re: Literally getting 100x faster download on my phone than my connected computer to the satellite.

Could be a lot of different reasons... What is the speed capablity of your LAN card?  What type of ethernet cable are you using?  Are the LAN card properties configured propery?  What speed do you get when you plug directly into the Orbi router?  What speed did you get on your computer before you got the Orbi system?  How old is your computer, what operating system are you using, etc.

Message 2 of 5
DasRedBeard
Aspirant

I'm using whats built into the mobo. But I've gotten well over 150 down from my apartment in Philly and that place had terrible wiring. Cat 6 like everyone else. Never messed with LAN settings so i don't see how that can be affecting me. Haven't plugged it into the main router, I build my own computers and I'll say its two years old. Windows 10 pro

Message 3 of 5
jojo2go
Apprentice

Hmmmm.... I connected my laptop directly to the Orbi router ethenet port and got my full max speed (wireless automatically disableled).  I then connected to the Orbi satellite ethernet to see what speed I could get, but for some reason, it did not establish an ethernet connection but stayed in wireless mode.  I could not connect to the satellte ethernet to do a speed compare for some reason....

Message 4 of 5
DasRedBeard
Aspirant

After my last message I had to run out to my apartment and grab the last of my things. As I was driving I remembered I never reset my computer after setting up the orbi. Low and behold I reset the computer, do a speed test, and I'm getting 220mbps. I'm not sure what reseting the computer does that fixes this issue

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7