Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WGibson648
Follower

This morning, my iPhone Orbi app showed a notification.  Upon opening, it wanted me to login (which had been automatic previously).  The User Name was hardlocked to "admin" and I could not override it for my user name (I am the administrator).  Obviously, my password did not work, neither did "password" (the factory default) nor the network key (which is affixed to the device.

I tried the Netgear website to reset the password, but the instructions on the webpage (through the app) to do so do not match the Netgear page (routerlogin.net).

Any ideas on how I might address this matter would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Ha_Ku_Na
Luminary

Re: Log In to Orbi … changed

The Orbi mobile App requires a Netgear Account (user is usually a mail address) and the router credentials (user is "admin").

Try to login to Web GUI (orbilogin.net or 192.168.1.1 if you have not changed the LAN TCP/IP settings).

There you should login with username "admin" and the router password (the one you set during setup).

I don't think you can change the administrator user to something else than "admin".

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7