Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Login problems

daiken2104
Follower

Login problems

I have set up the router OK as logged in to orbi network on PC. But when I try to add devices eg mobile phone  password not accepted.

Is it the normal router passsword or the new orbi password I registered with Netgear.

The network is called ORBI80 and I pressed the button on the router to connect to pc so am yet to get the password to work

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sounds like you're using the APP.  Don't if you can help it.  Login to your Orbi via a PC.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@daiken2104 wrote:

I have set up the router OK as logged in to orbi network on PC. But when I try to add devices eg mobile phone  password not accepted.

Is it the normal router passsword or the new orbi password I registered with Netgear.

The network is called ORBI80 and I pressed the button on the router to connect to pc so am yet to get the password to work

As you have discovered, computers create a bewildering number "passwords".

• When a customer creates an account with Netgear, the account has a password.
    This is for accessing the Netgear web site, and is also used by the Orbi "app".
  • When the Orbi comes "out of the box", it has a WiFi name and password set at the factory.
    The name and password are written on the product label on the bottom of the unit.
    They are used to connect devices to WiFi until the user decides to change the WiFi name
    and password during setup.  If you have not set a new name and password, use what is on
    the label to get devices connected.
  • The Orbi also has an administrative password, which is used to make changes to the configuration.
    From the factory, the admin login is "admin" and "password".
    Customers are encouraged to change the password to something more difficult to guess than "password."

So, if you have not made any changes, the WiFi password is what is written on the label.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7