Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Logitech Squeezebox Won't stay connected to rbk50

mkbrand
Aspirant

Logitech Squeezebox Won't stay connected to rbk50

I have 3 logitech squeeze box classics(running on 2.4 ghz)  using the Logitech Media server to send music from my computer to my stereos  It does not work with my RBK50 (I have one satelite).  It continually drops connection, stops music, reboots the squeezebox unit, and occasionally sends screeching sounds through the speakers.  I don't have any other problems with the Orbie;  it covers my house with stong consistent signal.  But my music system is non-functional.  has anyone out there had this problem?  Or, more importantly, solved this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Logitech Squeezebox Won't stay connected to rbk50

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mkbrand wrote:

I have 3 logitech squeeze box classics(running on 2.4 ghz)  using the Logitech Media server to send music from my computer to my stereos  It does not work with my RBK50 (I have one satelite).  It continually drops connection, stops music, reboots the squeezebox unit, and occasionally sends screeching sounds through the speakers.  I don't have any other problems with the Orbie;  it covers my house with stong consistent signal.  But my music system is non-functional.  has anyone out there had this problem?  Or, more importantly, solved this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 5
mkbrand
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I have not made any progress on this issue.  I have not had time try the suggestions that were given.  I will keep you posted if any of the items suggested work.  Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, please let us know. Also please give feedback to the questions presented when you get time. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7