Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Longtime Orbi user looking to move to another brand

UnCapitano
Apprentice

Longtime Orbi user looking to move to another brand

I've been a longtime Orbi supporter, even convincing two of my friends to purchase Orbi systems, but the lack of transparency and let alone customer support really speaks volumes for what Netgear is all about.   As many of you are stating, I am having incessant problems with my router losing internet connection when the modem is working just fine, and the system not giving me the desired throughput.  

I love that all the reviews seem to have Orbi at the top of the performance list, but they should be at the bottom for stability.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
UnCapitano
Apprentice

Re: Longtime Orbi user looking to move to another brand

This is what all the computers in my household are currently getting during the dropouts.

<html><head><meta http-equiv='Pragma' content='no-cache'><meta http-equiv='Cache-Control' content='no-cache'><title> 401 Authorization</title>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

function cancelevent()

{

top.location.href='/unauth.cgi';

}

</script>

</head><body onload=cancelevent()></body></html>

To add context:  Orbi Router rebooted a couple of times, and the Netgear CM1000 shows full internet connection to the Comcast Gigabit service.  Google Chrome will also tell me that my connection is not private and therefore not allow the traffic.  Now, if this were just on my machine, I would probably suspect a virus (scanned the machine and no virus is present).   However, it is happening to multiple clients in my household, so I really need help.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What firmware version are you on? Also have you tried to factory reset your orbi unit?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
UnCapitano
Apprentice

I'm on the beta firmware, which actually has been more stable than the old one, for some reason.  I do have the disappearing satellite issue, and the satellite is reporting poor backhaul, even though a wifi snooper tells me that it's in a great locationfor the network, other than that, we seem to be more stable at the house.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 6
Marzavi
Aspirant

DId you ever get this fixed?

I am having same exact issue with Orbi

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What problem are you having exactly?

What FW version are you using on the orbi system?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem that the orbi is connected too?

Any other wifi neighbors near by? if so, how many?

@Marzavi wrote:

DId you ever get this fixed?

I am having same exact issue with Orbi

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7