Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

JMU1998
Luminary

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community.  I have had the Orbi the day it was released.  I have RBR50 & RBS50.

Message 26 of 494
computersteve
Apprentice

I would be very willing to test as well... I also have a RBS50Y outdoor satellite which you can't select as a model for some reason... 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 27 of 494
DukeSilver
Star

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 28 of 494
hilld83
Star

Message 29 of 494
nicholb
Luminary

“I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community” 

Message 30 of 494
cosrocket1
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. I have been having issues with intermittent slow downloads with the current firmware. Thank you for including me.

Message 31 of 494
WAP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Message 32 of 494
SeaMonkey80
Apprentice

Message 33 of 494
brenth
Star

"I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community"

Message 34 of 494
MoFoFoUK
Aspirant

"I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community"

Message 35 of 494
Shad0w
Guide

I would like to participate!

Message 36 of 494
wifi_en
Star

Message 37 of 494
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @bryandmlee,

Thanks  @bryandmleefor clarifying!  I can confirm once the beta firmware has been fully vetted by our internal teams and the Orbi Beta Firmware Community it will then be made available on the Orbi Support pages promptly. 

@bryandmlee wrote:

Apologies @ChristineT, what I meant regarding firmware channels is: after 1) the Orbi Beta Firmware Community has tested say v2.2, will it then be posted in 2) the main Orbi community forum (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi) for a while first before later 3) being available on the Orbi support pages & via firmware update for everybody? Or will it just go from 1) Orbi Beta Firmware Community straight to 2) full release on Orbi support pages & via firmware update for everyone (i.e. no more separate posts in the main Orbi community forum like Orbi firmware update v2.1.4.16 availability)?

Best Regards,

Christine

Message 38 of 494
jweise
Apprentice

I would like to participate.

Message 39 of 494
Dustin278
Apprentice

I am intrested! Is this the same as I recently signed up for with the Chimera Beta Team with Cindy?

Message 40 of 494
mobjo
Tutor

Message 41 of 494
EyalS
Tutor

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. I believe it can't get any worse than the current "stable" version...

Message 42 of 494
cpre
Aspirant

I’m interested as well.
Message 43 of 494
Zdman
Guide

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 44 of 494
cpre
Aspirant

Message 45 of 494
coptechs
Tutor

I would be interested. Have an RBR40 and RBS40 running in AP mode since I have Verizon FiOS and need to use their router.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 46 of 494
larryindublin
Luminary

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. Currently on latest release and have been up for 70+ days without issue. About 32 devices on network. Wireless backhaul.
Message 47 of 494

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community.

Message 48 of 494
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @Dustin278,

This is slightly different than what Cindy is managing.  Although they may overlap. 🙂

@Dustin278 wrote:

I am intrested! Is this the same as I recently signed up for with the Chimera Beta Team with Cindy?

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Message 49 of 494
ovq
Guide
Guide

Message 50 of 494
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7