Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

ProxyEvo
Aspirant

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community

Thank you!!

Message 376 of 494
Ceedjay
Aspirant

Message 377 of 494
mbusby
Aspirant

Windows 10 Pro 64

Current firmware: V2.1.4.16

Access point and two satellites

Another participant request in the Orbi Beta Firmware community.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 378 of 494
zeejay
Aspirant

@ChristineT I would like to be a part of the Netgear beta community. Thanks!

Message 379 of 494
dsegel
Tutor

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 380 of 494
Themadikuttan
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community” to be granted access.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 381 of 494
JohnnyBobby
Aspirant

Having drops on the latest firmware. Was unable to restore iCloud back up for new iPhone. Indiscovered the disconnects due the iCloud connection breaking due to “poor network connections repeatedly over the last few months. I use Orbi only as an access point in bridge mode. So all my hard wired Ethernet devices have been solid with no drops. So I am interested in the beta firmware trial.
Message 382 of 494
mrscientist
Aspirant

Message 383 of 494

Message 384 of 494
Gatesy666
Aspirant

Message 385 of 494
macrhino
Aspirant

Orbi RB50R and 2 x RB50S.  Get outdoor Orbi tomorrow. 

I am running firmware 2.2.1.210.  I am having quite a few problems with it. 

What at is the level of this beta update?

Message 386 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

You should post here and give details on what your having problems with:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/td-p/1646960/jump-to...

@macrhino wrote:

I am running firmware 2.2.1.210.  I am having quite a few problems with it. 

What at is the level of this beta update?

Message 387 of 494
Shytown
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40, 2 x RBS40, and 2 x RB30.  Get outdoor Orbi tomorrow. 

I am running firmware V2.2.1.210.

Message 388 of 494
nates20
Aspirant

Terrible problems with my RBR50, especially over the last two weeks. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 389 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post in the main forum and give details of your problem and we'll try to help you out.

@nates20 wrote:

Terrible problems with my RBR50, especially over the last two weeks. 

Message 390 of 494
adshk
Aspirant

Message 391 of 494
Xrayphoton13
Aspirant

Message 392 of 494
chsalmon
Apprentice

seriously , we already participate to the beta... since the beginning. 

I'm waiting for a real real firmware... my orbi is off since 3 month. (2.2.1.210 is a beta again ? )

Without me for the beta.

Thx.

Message 393 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this to install FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1649157/highligh...

Also:

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. NG support is aware of  this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

@chsalmon wrote:

seriously , we already participate to the beta... since the beginning. 

I'm waiting for a real real firmware... my orbi is off since 3 month. (2.2.1.210 is a beta again ? )

Without me for the beta.

Thx.

Message 394 of 494
Geegman
Aspirant

Everything is at 2.2.1.210 with the outdoor at 2.2.1.204.

just tried changing to ap mode then reset router to factory and switched my xfinity router back to bridge mode. All fresh settings and wireless drops often. Tried everything since purchase last winter but nothing seems to work. Tempted to go back to my old access points and extenders. Any hope? I see I’m not the only one with the same problems.

Message 395 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Might try a full FW manual load as well as a last resort:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-released-as-of-10-3-18/m-p/1647303/highligh...

@Geegman wrote:

Everything is at 2.2.1.210 with the outdoor at 2.2.1.204.

just tried changing to ap mode then reset router to factory and switched my xfinity router back to bridge mode. All fresh settings and wireless drops often. Tried everything since purchase last winter but nothing seems to work. Tempted to go back to my old access points and extenders. Any hope? I see I’m not the only one with the same problems.

Message 396 of 494
abc_pop
Star

Looks like V2.2.1.210 is the current firmware

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx

Message 397 of 494
jaysvane
Aspirant

I would like to participate in the beta firmware testing. The Orbi is constantly disconnecting from the internet.

Message 398 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

You should start a new post in the Orbi forum and maybe we can help you figure out the disconnection issue.

@jaysvane wrote:

I would like to participate in the beta firmware testing. The Orbi is constantly disconnecting from the internet.

Message 399 of 494
jaysvane
Aspirant

And how do I do that?

Message 400 of 494
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7