Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

bryandmlee
Apprentice

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

Yes, there is a beta program (I was one of the first few in it), and I believe most of the first 14 or so pages of users would have been invited/added previously already. There *currently* isn't a beta version of the firmware though, after v2.2.210 was publicly released.

@Chuck_M wrote:

There are 17 pages of folks who want to be beta testers.... is there really a beta program and has anyone been asked to participate in it?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 426 of 494
grendelrt
Guide

I would like to join the beta firmware program as well. 

Message 427 of 494
Chuck_M
Mentor

Thrilled to death to be part of the beta program...  Thanks for the response!

Message 428 of 494
Sarre91
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community

and test beta firmware. 

Current system includes 2 Orbi units:

RBR50, Firmware: V2.2.1.210, Environment: Earth

RBS50, Firmware: V2.2.1.210, Environment: Earth

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 429 of 494
brettich
Guide

Currently running the RBK23 kit in wired backhaul mode with two sattelties. 

BR

Message 430 of 494
Hditter
Guide

“I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community”

@ChristineT wrote:

Greetings Orbi Community,

We are looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing current and upcoming Orbi firmware to help broaden our scope of use cases in real environments. We are kicking off this beta testing program with OrbiOS Rel. 2.2 that is currently available for testing. This release contains the following:

• Significant bug fixes for stability & performance
  • Update on Guest WiFi Schedule usability
    • Update as of 8/22/18: Upon further investigation the Guest WiFi Scheduling feature has been removed from this release as it requires further testing. We will reintroduce this feature in an upcoming release. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please note: This Beta Firmware is available only for RBR50 & RBS50. Beta firmware for other Orbi systems will be available soon.

If you’d like to participate and provide feedback in our Orbi Beta Firmware Community please post a reply to this topic with “I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community” to be granted access. By requesting to participate, you agree to share your feedback strictly within the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. You will receive a private message once your username has been added as a participant.

We look forward to working with you!

Orbi Team

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 431 of 494
Cfleming001
Tutor

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community.  I was part of the last round.

Thanks  Chad Fleming

Senior Network Engineer

Message 432 of 494
ARF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Message 433 of 494
Clopezdc
Aspirant

I would like to participate ASAP. I have been so disappointed with the perforo this devices since it keeps disconnecting from the internet every 30mim. I still want to give it a chance but I think I will give soon. This is my last resource.
Message 434 of 494
Shad0w
Guide

Can i get a copy of the latest beta files?  Appreciate it!

Message 435 of 494
Clopezdc
Aspirant

Has anyone really gotten the beta firmware? I see people asking for it but zero people providing feedback.
Help will be appreciated
Message 436 of 494
grendelrt
Guide

I havent gotten jack since posting in here. They made a thread and then dont respond to anyone. 

Message 437 of 494
Danielhitch
Initiate

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 438 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the beta testing opportunity is over since they started this last year and have had alot of people post. They may have acquired a certain amount of beta testers and may not long need any more. 

@grendelrt wrote:

I havent gotten jack since posting in here. They made a thread and then dont respond to anyone. 

Message 439 of 494
grendelrt
Guide

Then they should close the thread or update it with new information. There are pages of people posting and getting no replies. If they can open a thread they can reply in it or close it. 

Message 440 of 494
FURRYe38
Guru

I agree, they should close this thread if the beta opportunity is closed. 

Most of the correspondence for beta is being handled via PM. NG doesn't respond in this thread at all. 

@grendelrt wrote:

Then they should close the thread or update it with new information. There are pages of people posting and getting no replies. If they can open a thread they can reply in it or close it. 

Message 441 of 494
spearsd
Aspirant

Message 442 of 494
BThig
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. Currently running a RBK50 system. Thank you.
Message 443 of 494
jmorenojr
Aspirant

I would like to participate in the beta firmware testing

Message 444 of 494
Snail8
Aspirant

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. Thanks in advance.
Message 445 of 494
timch
Luminary

I would like to be included in the beta programme. 

Thanks. 

Message 446 of 494
SergeD
Tutor

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community.

Message 447 of 494
kaibab
Aspirant

Please Include me in the Beta program

Message 448 of 494
thombe
Apprentice

@ChristineT wrote:

Greetings Orbi Community,

We are looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing current and upcoming Orbi firmware to help broaden our scope of use cases in real environments. We are kicking off this beta testing program with OrbiOS Rel. 2.2 that is currently available for testing. This release contains the following:

• Significant bug fixes for stability & performance
  • Update on Guest WiFi Schedule usability
    • Update as of 8/22/18: Upon further investigation the Guest WiFi Scheduling feature has been removed from this release as it requires further testing. We will reintroduce this feature in an upcoming release. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please note: This Beta Firmware is available only for RBR50 & RBS50. Beta firmware for other Orbi systems will be available soon.

If you’d like to participate and provide feedback in our Orbi Beta Firmware Community please post a reply to this topic with “I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community” to be granted access. By requesting to participate, you agree to share your feedback strictly within the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. You will receive a private message once your username has been added as a participant.

We look forward to working with you!

Orbi Team

Message 449 of 494
kaibab
Aspirant

Message 450 of 494
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7