Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmware

ChristineT
Admin

Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmware

Greetings Orbi Community,

We are looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing current and upcoming Orbi firmware to help broaden our scope of use cases in real environments. We are kicking off this beta testing program with OrbiOS Rel. 2.2 that is currently available for testing. This release contains the following:

• Significant bug fixes for stability & performance
  • Update on Guest WiFi Schedule usability
    • Update as of 8/22/18: Upon further investigation the Guest WiFi Scheduling feature has been removed from this release as it requires further testing. We will reintroduce this feature in an upcoming release. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please note: This Beta Firmware is available only for RBR50 & RBS50. Beta firmware for other Orbi systems will be available soon.

If you’d like to participate and provide feedback in our Orbi Beta Firmware Community please post a reply to this topic with “I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community” or send a private message to @Christian_R to be granted access. By requesting to participate, you agree to share your feedback strictly within the Orbi Beta Firmware Community. You will receive a private message once your username has been added as a participant.

We look forward to working with you!

Orbi Team

Message 1 of 494
jcalex22
Star

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

Count me in! “I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 494

Re: Looking for a select group of Orbi Community members that are interested in beta testing firmwar

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community
Message 3 of 494
bryandmlee
Apprentice

I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community.

Just to check, does this mean going forward there will be three firmware channels for end users (i.e. Beta Firmware Community, Community Forum, and General Release), or just two channels (i.e. Beta Firmware Community, and General Release including Community Forum)?

Message 4 of 494
wexwap
Initiate

Been having some 5ghz issues (I think that is the problem) and would love to see if this firmware fixes it.

Message 5 of 494
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @bryandmlee,

This is a great question! Thank you for allowing me to clarify. This invitation is dedicated to Orbi Beta Firmware. The other channels could be for Beta Testing new products, firmware and/or software that is not exclusively Orbi. 🙂

@jcalex22@craigbailey18@bryandmlee, and @wexwap, Please check your private messages for further instructions and a link to the community.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Message 6 of 494
bryandmlee
Apprentice

Apologies @ChristineT, what I meant regarding firmware channels is: after 1) the Orbi Beta Firmware Community has tested say v2.2, will it then be posted in 2) the main Orbi community forum (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi) for a while first before later 3) being available on the Orbi support pages & via firmware update for everybody? Or will it just go from 1) Orbi Beta Firmware Community straight to 2) full release on Orbi support pages & via firmware update for everyone (i.e. no more separate posts in the main Orbi community forum like Orbi firmware update v2.1.4.16 availability)?

@ChristineT wrote:

Hello @bryandmlee,

This is a great question! Thank you for allowing me to clarify. This invitation is dedicated to Orbi Beta Firmware. The other channels could be for Beta Testing new products, firmware and/or software that is not exclusively Orbi. 🙂

Message 7 of 494
OmBheemBush
Aspirant

Hi, I am interested to join the beta.
Message 8 of 494
Zake
Aspirant

I would be interested when available for the RBR40. Thanks
Message 9 of 494
quaningeneva
Apprentice

Message 10 of 494

Message 11 of 494
njd39
Initiate

Message 12 of 494
joknutsen
Guide

Message 13 of 494
Sam_Cop
Guide

Hi there,
I would be very interested to test & give feedback on the beta firmware.

Thank you very much for the opportunity
Cheers
Sam
Message 14 of 494
diarmuidma
Star

I would like to get involved.
Message 15 of 494
cscheiene
Star

“I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community”
Message 16 of 494
BBB73
Apprentice

Message 17 of 494
Flash008
Luminary

Message 18 of 494
sharmy
Apprentice

Message 19 of 494
jsturess
Apprentice

Im in!

Message 20 of 494
thebbandj
Initiate

Message 21 of 494
TheEggi
Aspirant

Message 22 of 494
panosa
Aspirant

Message 23 of 494
aeackman
Aspirant

Message 24 of 494
bwc_
Guide

“I’d like to participate in the Orbi Beta Firmware Community”

I've had tremendous trouble with the current beta software for the RBR & RBS 50s, and anything I can do to hasten functioning software, I'm in.

Message 25 of 494
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7