Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for advice on wireless bridge function help!!

wfmiller13
Follower

Looking for advice on wireless bridge function help!!

Currently I have 4 devices in my family room plugged in via etherneet to a powerline bridge. They connect to another unit that is plugged into the powerline in my home office which then connects via ethernet to my modem. This has gone bad and am wondering what to replace it with something better? Some type of wireless bridge unit to plug 4 ethernet cables into the unit and then wirelessly connect to my modem? 

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: Looking for advice on wireless bridge function help!!

You can place an Orbi satellite in your family room and connect wired devices to it.  It will serve as a wireless bridge to the Orbi router, using the Orbi backhaul. The caveat is the router and satellite must be close enough to get a good signal. I have my system setup this way.

Message 2 of 4
sunildax
Star

By when is the wired ethernet link between the router and satellite expected for the RBK50?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
OrbiMan
Luminary

I did this putting 2 Orbi near each other causing havoc with band steering and roaming between Orbi and ultimately cause problems. I use an old Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with DDWRT and use it as a bridge which works. Now if I could figure out the backhaul wifi password then it would be even better
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7