Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for an inexpensive router to connect to Sonos

LoisCattree
Follower

Looking for an inexpensive router to connect to Sonos

I rearranged the furniture in my living room and the Orbi Router that is connected to the Spectrum internet modem by a cord can't be used to connect the Sonos system by the TV without having a cord or cable wire running across the floor.

I have an Orbi Satellite that I moved to the TV and connected the Sonos to it but that leaves me with weak coverage at the other end of the apartment where my printer is located and it won't work right unless the satellite is closer to the back of the house.

I'm looking for the least expensive router (doesn't have to be an Orbi if that is an option) or some solution that will connect to the Sonos system to the main Orbi router.

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Looking for an inexpensive router to connect to Sonos

would help to know the exact model of Sonos.

If the goal is to use WiFi to bridge across the room (no 'wire') and provide an ethernet jack for the Sonos, any number of WiFi extenders will do that.  I have personally used TP-Liink N300 WiFi Extender ($15US on Amazon) and Netgear EX3700 WiFi Extender ($35 on Amazon)

I seem to remember that at least one of them created 'pseudo' MAC addresses for everything connected to it, so my Orbi LAN assignment table had to be changed for devices to get the IP address I wanted them to have.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7