Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for wireless card for desktop to work with Orbi

mikedesj
Follower

Looking for wireless card for desktop to work with Orbi

Purchased the RBK50 for my house.  Existing desktops have Wireless N adapters.  I am wanting to replace them with a wireless card that will take advantage of the Orbi WiFi. 

I have an open PCI Express x1 slot for the card.

Understanding that a wired connection is or may be the best to use for speed I would still like to get a wireless adapter that would take advantage of the Orbi speeds in the event I need to swith to a wireless connection.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike D.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: Looking for wireless card for desktop to work with Orbi

Orbi is 802.11ac, dual band, with 2x2 radios. Max link speed of Orbi is 400 Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867 Mbps on 5 GHz. You should buy something with at least these specs.

Message 2 of 4

@mikedesj wrote:

Purchased the RBK50 for my house.  Existing desktops have Wireless N adapters.  I am wanting to replace them with a wireless card that will take advantage of the Orbi WiFi. 

I have an open PCI Express x1 slot for the card.

Mike D.

to be honest you cant go past the asus pce-ac68 for its coverage and separate antenna array and throughput , its actually a bit faster than the orbi but better to have more capacity than less

pete

Message 3 of 4
captain_phaser
Apprentice

I'm using the Asus PCE-AC88 PCI express card and it works fantastic for me. I have 500/50 service and get the same speeds on my desktop that I would get on a hardline throughout the house. It's newer than the PCE-AC68 and has an extra antenna (4 vs 3). At only $20 more than the AC68, it's definitely worth it for the increased range and possible future proofing.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7