Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Losing Wireless Connectivity

JQNX
Tutor

Losing Wireless Connectivity

Hello guys,

So basically the first few days the Orbi system worked just fine. But now I'm losing the connection every 1/2 hrs. I'm connected via Lan-Cable to my PS4. I don't know if it has something to do with my issue but when I was only using the laptop and my iPhone everything worked fine. I did not change any settings etc. Once I lose connection the router is pulsing white and sometimes it's just solid white. Then it turns blue and everything works again. Any ideas how I could solve this? I don't want my router to lose connection. Especially when I'm playing online games.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 13
Streak2
Master

I would try and do a reset by holding in the reset button on the router until the green light flashes and then releasing it.

Message 2 of 13
JQNX
Tutor

Nothing changed. Tried everything. Can I turn off auto-firmware-update. I never had that issue, if it lasts for more than one week I'll return it.

Message 3 of 13
wizard488
Initiate

Made an account just to reply to this topic.

I got an orbi near the end of December. 

Things worked great until about Febuary.

Every device was losing the internet conection: Sometimes it wouls come back online, other times I would need to reboot the modem and router.

About two weeks ago, this began happening every day and I would need to reboot the modem and router.

Finally, yesterday, my connection was slower than dirt. Hooked up my old router, a DLINK --- and tada! Internet is working great again.

Sure seems like ORBI is having problems across the board.

Message 4 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello JQNX

Did you try to manually reload the older firmware that you had no issues with?

Wizard488

Did you try adjusting the position on orbi in your home or adjusting the wireless channel in the wireless settings?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 13
BradJordan
Initiate

Having same problems since firmware update. I got this system to end these kind of problems. I've reset the system and all my devices and still happening. I have no other routers in the house that could be causing conflict. If not resolved soon, I'll be returning to Costco. Everything was great for 2 months until this firmware which is only different thing.
Message 6 of 13
lekw310388
Star

I have the same issue, on both IOS and Android devices. Updated to the latest firmware doesn't seems to fix the problem. Still getting signal drop and reconnect every few minutes.
Message 7 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The engineers are working on the disconnect issues and the latest firmware did not have these fixes in it.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 13
Thorborg
Guide

I have the same issues, where the connection drop 10 times af day.
When is the new firmware expected?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 9 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Thorborg

Have you made sure beamforming and Mu MIMO are disabled? also you could try to lower the power level of the 2.4ghz in the advanced wireless settings some have said this have helped.

DarrenM

Message 10 of 13
JQNX
Tutor

Well, after testing it a few more weeks I'm so done with the Orbi system. Getting disconnects hourly.

Router is on AP mode. PS4 connected to the satellite via Lan-Cable. I really do not know what to change anymore. Not even the static ip works. Called the support and they told me to wait and see what happens. Well... This is getting ridiculous.

Message 11 of 13
Thorborg
Guide

The latest update solved it for me, I'm 100 % happy now 🙂

Cheers

Martin

Message 12 of 13
JQNX
Tutor

It worked for me a few days but that time I only used the Orbi as Router without the satellite. Today the disconnects are back and I don't know what to do, probably getting rid of it anyways.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7