Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing connection

Bailey12
Initiate

Losing connection

Purchased orbi wi 2 satlites 30-45 days ago and worked great. Returned home after 1 week and now continually losing internet connection. Modem is current and working properly. Not sure what additional info would be helpful. Thanks in advance
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
kcook111
Aspirant

Re: Losing connection

I am having similar issues within the last 2 days and have owned my orbri + satellite for 6-8 months.  The only fix so far has been to turn on/off. 

Does this mean anything?  

DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 168.63.164.189, port 80, Wednesday, May 09, 2018 16:01:06
[DoS Attack: SYN/ACK Scan] from source: 168.63.164.189, port 80, Wednesday, May 09, 2018 15:54:52

Message 2 of 8
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

Those are normal for a router exposed to the Internet.  The device is doing it's job in blocking an attack that can happen regularly on direct-connected devices.

Message 3 of 8
kcook111
Aspirant

Thanks.  Any insight into why the router keeps dropping off?  Probably a myriad of possibilities but I'm close to going and purchasing a Google wifi setup.

Message 4 of 8
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

Unfortunately I don't have any "good" guesses - things like that can be caused by so many different things, including firmware issues, something like a cable problem, or maybe you just have a faulty unit.  I realize how frustrating things like this are, and I feel for you!

Message 5 of 8
tucsontico
Virtuoso

What firmware version are you running on both the router and satellite? Be certain they are both the same and after updating to the latest (2.1.4.10) firmware, do a factory reset and reconfigure your system manaully. DO NOT use any saved/backup config files to reconfigure your system. I know it is a PITA but this process seems to help a lot of folks with similar issues.

If you're close to being beyond the return date for the ORBI, by all means try something else. No system is perfect. Mesh-type systems have a lot of "moving" parts so be prepared to deal with that on a Google system, too. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 8
kcook111
Aspirant

Great suggestions...many thanks.  I think I'll try the reset again but go with the manual setup like you mentioned.  Definitely worth a try and not too time consuming.  I'm up to date with firmware and the only option I thought may help was to double check the time settings - which were OK except I didn't have the automatically adjust for daylight savings selected.  

Message 7 of 8
ibuyufo
Star

I've been experiencing this loss of internet connectivity with the Orbi's satellite for a while now.  It doesn't seem to matter how it's set up or which firmware you're on as you will eventually lose connectivity again.  I've given the log files to the engineers for them to examine the issue and a test firmware was given to me but it did not help at all.  This was a few months ago and communication gradually stopped.  I'm still hopeful that they find a solution for the issue as this is a great product when it works.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7