Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loss of remote viewing of camera system

Loss of remote viewing of camera system

I was playing around recently with the Netgear Armor free trial and boy, I should not have.  I have followed every instruction on how to diasable the damn thing and turned off all my notifications, but I am still getting alerts when every device joins my network.  I have also lost the ability to view my cameras through my cell phones.  I have a Galaxy 7 and an iPhone 6.  The IPhone worked after the Galaxy didn't and today non of them work.  I have Wyze cameras and a couple of no name wifi nanny cams.  I can only view them when I am connnected to the same network.  WTF?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Loss of remote viewing of camera system

Did you add these cameras to any Armor exceptions list so that Armor doesn't block them? 

Do a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch and this time, don't enable Amor. 

Message 2 of 5

F* me.  Factoring it and starting from scratch?  I have removed everything that I saw from the Armor and allowed the devices but I still see that since they are basic authenticating devices and are "critical vulnerabilities" they seem to be blocked.  Now so is my Meraki Cisco Switch and everything plugged into that, Xbox and DVD player.  So the hits keep coming.  I have so much port forwarding and static addresses set. From scratch would be a real pain in my ass

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a factory reset is needed. Don't enable Armor this time. After setting up, save off a new backup configuration to file. Then you can play around and if you mess something up or it doesn't work, you have a good point for backup to go back to. 

Message 4 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

This may be an area where the Orbi "app" offers a feature that the Orbi web interface does not.  Found this when searching for "remove armor" in this message: https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/How-to-disable-deactivate-Armor-on-RBR50/m-p/1729747 

Found it...

I'm using the iOS app, and here's where it's at...

When you're logged in, you're on the page with the big icons (you'll see the Armor Security icon as "Activated")

Now click the HOME icon on the top left.

Click SETTINGS

You should see a menu with Router Settings, Wifi Settings, etc

From the list, select SECURITY

Now you should see a toggle switch to turn OFF the Netgear Armor.

Even though the main icon will still say ACTIVE, it will be off. If you open the orbilogon.com page on your computer, you'll see it's off.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7