Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lower speed than contracted from the router to the computer

j1simon
Guide

Lower speed than contracted from the router to the computer

My RBR50 router detects, in the speed test that includes the web interface: ↓ ~900 Mbps / ↑ ~800 Mbps that approaches the contracted speed (1000/1000) but when I do a speed test on my computer (connected via cable directly to the router) always gives me values close to half: ↓ ~458 Mbps / ↑ ~460 Mbps.

From what I've read it seems that this is due to the QoS of this router. There is no direct way to disable the QoS Man Frustrated so, as I read in another thread of this forum, I reset the router to its factory settings and did not perform the web interface speed test as this is what theoretically activates the QoS. But it didn't work, which tells me that probably the QoS is active yes or yes.

Anybody with the same experience? Any ideas on how to disable QoS?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Lower speed than contracted from the router to the computer

@j1simon wrote:

but when I do a speed test on my computer (connected via cable directly to the router) always gives me values close to half: ↓ ~458 Mbps / ↑ ~460 Mbps.

Just curious....is this the way you'll run your computer most of the time (connected via cable directly to the router)?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Lower speed than contracted from the router to the computer

Seeing same thing:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/m-p/...

@j1simon wrote:

My RBR50 router detects, in the speed test that includes the web interface: ↓ ~900 Mbps / ↑ ~800 Mbps that approaches the contracted speed (1000/1000) but when I do a speed test on my computer (connected via cable directly to the router) always gives me values close to half: ↓ ~458 Mbps / ↑ ~460 Mbps.

From what I've read it seems that this is due to the QoS of this router. There is no direct way to disable the QoS Man Frustrated so, as I read in another thread of this forum, I reset the router to its factory settings and did not perform the web interface speed test as this is what theoretically activates the QoS. But it didn't work, which tells me that probably the QoS is active yes or yes.

Anybody with the same experience? Any ideas on how to disable QoS?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7