Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MB200 with Orbi RBK50

V8burble
Follower

MB200 with Orbi RBK50

I’ve purchased an RBK50 router and Satalite together with an MB200 modem to replace my BT home hub 5. I have BT Infinity 2 to my home.

I’m stumbling to set it all up!!!

I have connected the MB200 and run it’s setup as a modem + router and when connected to my Mac it works fine connected via LAN cable.... I can access the Internet fine

I have also placed the Orbi router and satalite units in the house and started the quick guide setup for these... again all fine up to the point where the two units sync beautifully with a solid blue light on the satalite.

Then when continuing with the setup the Orbi can not connect to the internet.

Is this because the MB200 is also being a router? I’ve tried setting the MB200 device mode to modem only and reconnecting but still no internet connection on the Orbi.

Do I need to be doing something else on the MB200 setup other than just setting it to modem only mode?

I’m sure I’m not the first UK BT Infinity customer to install this Orbi. System??

Please help.... I’m no expert that’s for sure and it’s all gibberish to me
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MB200 with Orbi RBK50

Couple of options,
Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router modem.
Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP modem on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7