Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MBPS High, but web pages taking forever to load, and computer failing to connect to game servers.

Matter
Aspirant

MBPS High, but web pages taking forever to load, and computer failing to connect to game servers.

Someone in my house tried to turn off the internet for devices, and was seemingly pressing buttons without actually knowing what they did within the Circle App or maybe some other app for all I know. Now the internet is back on, and the loading for webpages is tremendously slow, I can't play games becuase of session timeouts (inability to connect to the server), and more, while the MBPS on speedtests remains quite high. I was wondering how do I fix this? I do not know what she did at all, and I will have to provide instructions without even looking at the app. I have done a network reset on my computer, and the problems persists with my computer and other devices. This is very important; please help. What could possibly be the cause of slow interenet well the network speed tests remain normal? What settings cause this? Please help.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: MBPS High, but web pages taking forever to load, and computer failing to connect to game servers

How about specifying DNS servers on your computer rather than using the Orbi DNS server.

On Windows, this is in the Network Control Panel, "Properties", TCP/IP V4.

There are several DNS servers that are popular, including:

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Message 2 of 5
Lenn0rt
Aspirant

Re: MBPS High, but web pages taking forever to load, and computer failing to connect to game servers

Also have this issue, really can’t fix it. But always having issues resolving pictures of a specific page for example. I constantly switch to 4g to load specifics if they are missing.. very very annoying.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Try a different browser? 

What Orbi system do you have? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does this happen on both wired and wireless connections? 

What devices are you using? 

Does it happen with all devices? 

@Lenn0rt wrote:
Also have this issue, really can’t fix it. But always having issues resolving pictures of a specific page for example. I constantly switch to 4g to load specifics if they are missing.. very very annoying.

Message 4 of 5
bostonvex
Guide

Did you exceed your traffic limit for the billing period and are you now placed in the slow lane by your ISP?

Do you use Circle at all? Sometimes there are arp issues depedning on how it is deployed. Could also be a DNS issue. 

You really need to do a packet capture (PCAP) to see whats going on to properly troubleshoot this. A PCAP  will help with answering the following questions. Are there excessive layer 2 arp traffic? Are you seeing re-transmits? Are you seeing issues with  DNS? Is there an MTU issue?

Also, what firmware version are you using? There are issues with some of the newer firmware versions that have been well documented on this forum.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7