Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MIsmatching router/satellite firmware.

jeremyweber
Aspirant

MIsmatching router/satellite firmware.

This may be a silly question... But my orbi purchased in december of 2017 from amazon and it has model number RBR40 for the router and RBS20 for the satellites.   I see that there is a new beta firmware for the router that might help connection drops and reboots.  But there is no corresponding firmware for the RBS20 satellites.   

My questions are:

1. Is it odd that my firmware is RBR40 and RBS20?

2. Will there be a beta firmware for the rbs20?

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will have to check if there is a beta firmware for the RBS20.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
jeremyweber
Aspirant

Thanks that would be appreciated.  Also is there any issue with running this combination of models?

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

no you can mix and match the satellites with the router whatever works best for your home.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Here is the link to the Beta firmware for RBS20

http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=OGhLlDB9mQ

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
TedsNotHere
Aspirant

I have the RBR20 with firmware 2.1.4.10 and a satellite RBS20 connected via ethernet cable thru a TP-Link gigabit switch.  The firmware for the RBS20 is V2.0.0.64 and when I try to check firmware to update to newest version the status says "Service unreachable" in the status column in the Firmware Update page. 

Is this an issue becuase of the wire connection?  

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Just manually download the FW file for your RBS20 then manually install it to the RBS20.

@TedsNotHere wrote:

I have the RBR20 with firmware 2.1.4.10 and a satellite RBS20 connected via ethernet cable thru a TP-Link gigabit switch.  The firmware for the RBS20 is V2.0.0.64 and when I try to check firmware to update to newest version the status says "Service unreachable" in the status column in the Firmware Update page. 

Is this an issue becuase of the wire connection?  

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7